• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Citrus County Concours Cruise #6

IronButtAl

Updates have been made to the Citrus County Concours Cruise, so please check the SE event calendar for additional details. This is now flying on its own.
This 3 day rally might appeal to some of our riders. There is NO event fee, NO camping Fee, and NO food costs to you. If you can't camp....we have beds inside available....lots of beds. Great camping in the country on grassy area if you are like me and like to tent camp. Or nothing to bring if that makes it easier for you, with a lot of good riding in the area. I know, you're thinking...huh, Florida. You're in for a surprise on this one. BBQ, grilling and all sorts of food will keep us full. I'm out in the country, with water behind and cows across the street. It's safe, clean and quiet here. Fire ring in the middle of everything, and there's no need to bring; chairs, stoves, coolers, ice, or anything for that matter. We welcome everyone to this ride, and if you're considering membership with COG, this will be a good time to come and check us out. Registration is requested, so buying the ribs, chicken and pork will be easier on me.     
Come early or stay late after....just come and be surprised with my riding area.        Al

I'm in for this, though may not arrive until early Sat am. I'll make sure to honk the horns at about 5am, OK?

Edit to add: I'll be camping

Anyone considering joining C.O.G. or coming to an event for the first time should consider this! Al is a great host and ride coordinator and the ride routes give a different perspective of FL. I first attended this event when he held it 5 years ago and it was a major influence in my joining and participating in the group. I met quite a few nice people who I have ridden to other events and a National Rally with and have gotten more out of my membership than I ever expected. Hope to see you all there!

ERRR hunting in fanning springs that weekend. sucks to be me, to many fun things to do with my life  :beerchug:  I will miss y'all though. Heck, ride on up and see me, maybe we'll have fresh venison ! Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
ERRR hunting in fanning springs that weekend. sucks to be me, to many fun things to do with my life  :beerchug:  I will miss y'all though. Heck, ride on up and see me, maybe we'll have fresh venison ! Steve
Bring that venison over to Al's, I'm thinkin' he'll know what to do with it. ;)

BUMP
                                      :campfire:
                                                  Fun times around the CCCC campfire, and ...ohhhh  the stories....

IronButtAl said:
Updates have been made to the Citrus County Concours Cruise, so please check the SE event calendar for additional details. This is now flying on its own.
This 3 day rally might appeal to some of our riders. There is NO event fee, NO camping Fee, and NO food costs to you. If you can't camp....we have beds inside available....lots of beds. Great camping in the country on grassy area if you are like me and like to tent camp. Or nothing to bring if that makes it easier for you, with a lot of good riding in the area. I know, you're thinking...huh, Florida. You're in for a surprise on this one. BBQ, grilling and all sorts of food will keep us full. I'm out in the country, with water behind and cows across the street. It's safe, clean and quiet here. Fire ring in the middle of everything, and there's no need to bring; chairs, stoves, coolers, ice, or anything for that matter. We welcome everyone to this ride, and if you're considering membership with COG, this will be a good time to come and check us out. Registration is requested, so buying the ribs, chicken and pork will be easier on me.     
Come early or stay late after....just come and be surprised with my riding area.        Al

In three weeks, if you're not registered for this event, you'll have missed an opportunity to be with some great people, eat a lot of good food, not have been around a bonfire telling stories, and will not have been surprised by the riding roads in central Florida. Boo you................        Al

Thinking we'll have 25 for this......maybe 30. Looking forward to meeting some new members and seeing old friends. Ain't COG great??                  Al

There were two postings for this event on the calendar, and I cleverly deleted the wrong one that had everyone except Jose on the list. If you want to take the time to re-register great. Otherwise we had 17 before my oops ( that's not what I really said ).                Al

There's a list? I don't need no stinking badge, Al, make sure you build that ramp so I can jump the fire pit with the C14  :beerchug:

Steve W., do you want that ramp to be north to south OR west to east facing????
Think carefully now, cause you'll have an interesting landing no matter which way you go!
:rotflmao:

I'm thinking north to east with a half twist, land, put the side stand down, then drink all Al's beer and every bottle he has and then do a back flip into the fire and run around the yard, cause he said I have to be the entertainment for the night  :mad: :))

Thinking a keg of Killians Red for this one also. One of my sons works for the local distributor, and I'm counting on him getting a cold plate / CO2 tank.
We'll all have to watch to make sure Snake doesn't fall into the fire.........seriously.          Al

IronButtAl said:
Thinking a keg of Killians Red for this one also. One of my sons works for the local distributor, and I'm counting on him getting a cold plate / CO2 tank.
We'll all have to watch to make sure Snake doesn't fall into the fire.........seriously.          Al

How's your homeowners insurance? :rotflmao: :motonoises: :beerchug: :beerchug:

We don't need no stinking insurance, I have blind faith.....Dam the torpedoes
....Full speed ahead  :beerchug:

Hey don't go giving him any ideas!!!

:-[

Won't unfortunately make Friday daytime. Have to work till about 7.  Could roll up then if it's not inconvenient to you and there's a spot to throw me and my sleeping bag? If not what time are you rolling out Saturday morning?

Chris, get here whenever you can. The party doesn't shut down early with these animals around a fire.
Saturday we can roll after it warms up some and everybody gets something for breakfast. Likely head to a restaurant and give the temps time to come up Saturday am.                Al

Eeeuuuuu ....stinky smelling bear fur singe smell..oh yeah that will improve everyone's' appetite for some good food around the camp fire!!

:sign0137:              :sign0137:

Riders will start to arrive Friday at noon. We'll be active Friday night to who knows when. Sampling some Killians Red on draft will likely be the order of thing.              Al

Jo said:
Eeeuuuuu ....stinky smelling bear fur singe smell..oh yeah that will improve everyone's' appetite for some good food around the camp fire!!

:sign0137:              :sign0137:

:))

Is there room for another air mattress in the house for a couple of noobs?

Husband and I are going to be doing the Run for Your Life - 5K Zombie Mud Run in Clermont at 1:00pm on Saturday. But we couldn't be *that* close to ya'll and not stop by and put some faces to names...that is if you'll have us. (I know it's kinda last minute)

Yeah, come on over when you can. We'll be out riding until 3:00 on Saturday, so make it around 4:30 to 5:00 when we get back for supper. Your best bet will be to bring your sleeping bags and sleep in the boat together. It's pretty comfortable, near the activities, and you won't have to be on the floor with a bunch of snoring guys. May even have the RV available, depending how many couples come. That has EVERYTHING to be comfortable in. Either way, please make it, and we'll make sure you're OK overnight.                  Al

Great! We can't wait!

Timing sounds perfect, there are festivities after the race and I think we'll have about an hour ride to get to your place. I'd expect to get there by 6. We'll pack some snacks so if we miss dinner, no biggee. Looking forward to the campfire!
:beerchug:

Event temps as of this am are for high in the low 70's, and night time in the low to mid 50's.
Sounds like good riding and bonfire weather to me.
I'll have a keg on tap and other assorted alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. If there's something you like in the way of Bourbon,Rum or Vodka, please bring it. This isn't a bar, but we can make one up with what you bring. I'll try to remember all of the mixers. There's a store close enough to make a quick run.

Bump.  Came in early so I can hit the road earlier.  Should be on I-75 around 4:00PM.  See everyone there!  :motonoises: :beerchug:

reid53 said:
Bump.  Came in early so I can hit the road earlier.  Should be on I-75 around 4:00PM.  See everyone there!  :motonoises: :beerchug:
:great: :motonoises: :motonoises: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

What time do you think you'll head out for breakfast in the morning?  I may try to ride up and join for a little riding in the morning.

Brad, guessing from previous posts and whatever...prob head out to eat 8:30ish and then after that out for the rides..after it warms up a bit prob 9:30-10:00.
Already there is a good turnout, campfire and friends have made it a good start to a fun weekend!

IronButtAl said:
I can now say :TPIWWP:

I'm sure Mike will be along with some pics shortly. Great fun and great people this weekend. Thanks again Al to you and Nancy for putting this on and putting up with us! :great:

Thanks Al, that was a great weekend.  And yes, Fla. does have some good twisties!  Even more fun on Doug's ZX-14! :motonoises:  I'll get pictures up soon.  Great seeing old friends and making some new ones. :beerchug:

Hot damn what a good time that was. Perfect for me, perfect timing, (almost) perfect weather, perfect group. Thanks Al for another bunch of memory data bits to recall for years to come.

Slideshow:

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/bugnut_bucket/Citrus%20County%20Concours%20Cruise/?albumview=slideshow

Of these pics:

IMG_9147.jpg

IMG_9149_1.jpg

IMG_9151_1.jpg

IMG_9155_1.jpg

IMG_9156_1.jpg

IMG_9159_1.jpg

IMG_9160_1.jpg

IMG_9165_1.jpg

IMG_9170_1.jpg

IMG_9173_1.jpg

IMG_9174_1.jpg

IMG_9176_1.jpg

IMG_9182_1.jpg

IMG_9186_1.jpg

IMG_9196_1.jpg

IMG_9204_1.jpg

IMG_9219_1.jpg

IMG_9227_1.jpg

IMG_9230_1.jpg

IMG_9249_1.jpg

IMG_9252_1.jpg

IMG_9254_1.jpg

IMG_9255_1.jpg

IMG_9257_1.jpg

IMG_9259_1.jpg

IMG_9261_1.jpg

IMG_9263_1.jpg

IMG_9264_1.jpg

IMG_9265_1.jpg

IMG_9267_1.jpg

IMG_9279_1.jpg

IMG_9283_1.jpg

IMG_9288_1.jpg

IMG_9289_1.jpg

IMG_9290_1.jpg

IMG_9293_1.jpg

IMG_9308_1.jpg

IMG_9311_1.jpg

IMG_9318_1.jpg

IMG_9320_1.jpg

IMG_9322_1.jpg

IMG_9325_1.jpg

IMG_9327_1.jpg

IMG_9331_1.jpg

IMG_9337_1.jpg

IMG_9341_1.jpg

IMG_9343_1.jpg

IMG_9344_1.jpg

IMG_9345_1.jpg

IMG_9346_1.jpg

IMG_9348_1.jpg

IMG_9349_1.jpg

IMG_9360_1.jpg

IMG_9361_1.jpg

IMG_9369_1.jpg

IMG_9376_1.jpg

IMG_9380_1.jpg

IMG_9383_1.jpg

IMG_9388_1.jpg

IMG_9390_1.jpg

IMG_9392_1.jpg

IMG_9395_1.jpg

IMG_9396_1.jpg

IMG_9397_1.jpg

IMG_9399_1.jpg

IMG_9401_1.jpg

IMG_9402_1.jpg

IMG_9403_1.jpg

IMG_9404_1.jpg

IMG_9405_1.jpg

IMG_9407_1.jpg

IMG_9409_1.jpg

IMG_9414_1.jpg

IMG_9415_1.jpg

IMG_9418_1.jpg

I want to thank EVERYONE for the enjoyable time I had at Al's house this last weekend.  Being a none member at this time, has sold me on BECOMING a member in a few weeks time to come.  Al & Nancy were the hostess w/the mostest in hospitality and entertainment  (the group they invited).  Was once told that "CONCOURS PEOPLE COME FROM AREA 51"  I think that I'm starting to agree w/this.  Glade I'm not alone anymore.    Want to thank the camera guy for the HIGH SPEED RIDE and taking & posting all the pictures.    Till next time,    All take care and HAPPY THANKSGIVING & don't eat to much bird.  Be looking for you in my mirror.        ALAN

Looks like everyone had a large time.  :beerchug:  Perhaps next year Cindy & I can make it.  :)  @ Alan - You won't find a better group of folks anywhere. COGgers ROCK! :great:  Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! :)

As soon as we arrived Saturday evening and the beer and jokes started flowing, I thought, "I think these are my kinda people." And then we went on our short, but quick little ride to breakfast Sunday morning and I KNEW it! It's so refreshing and fun to know that *I'll* be the slow-poke in this group.  ;D

Al and Nancy:  :You_Rock_Emoticon: Thank you so very much for all your hospitality. I am afraid you may have spoiled us for future COG events. You don't know how much that bed was appreciated after a day of riding and being chased by zombies. Let alone the awesome food and drinks.

Everyone else: Thank you for being so welcoming. We had a  blast and really can't wait to hang out with you all again and especially RIDE! Though I am afraid Dave's wallet may be whimpering in the corner when it sees the Christmas list of farkles I want, thanks to you all.  :sign0151:

OMG! What a great time we all had.  What a blast it was swapping bikes and watching Doug on my KLR do laps around the VFW lot.
Thanks to Reed for letting me flog his C14 all day. I love that bike and by the time the weekend was over I had  bought one.
  Good friends, great food, all the liquor you want and great riding in between. :beerchug: It JUST DOES NOT get any better than this!!

Yowza! Al's dealio was MIGHTY fine & kicked some SERIOUS butt.  Couldn't have been mo betta. Thankew, thankew very much boss. :pDT_Armataz_01_37:

Daytona_Mike said:
OMG! What a great time we all had.  What a blast it was swapping bikes and watching Doug on my KLR do laps around the VFW lot.
Thanks to Reed for letting me flog his C14 all day. I love that bike and by the time the weekend was over I had  bought one.
  Good friends, great food, all the liquor you want and great riding in between. :beerchug: It JUST DOES NOT get any better than this!!

I wouldve flown down for this!!

Al and Nancy, thanks for everything.

This little get together did nothing to dispel the reputation of SECOG, a good thing.  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:  :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

It looks like a great time and my kind of get together.
It's a bummer that work got in the way this year but if there is a next year I'll make sure I'm there.

Some of the statistics that the SECOG riders like to know; we ate 36 ribs and 24 chicken 1/4's, drank up one keg of Killians Red and three + cases of beer, assorted bottles of liquor were in the trash. We had 25 to the BBQ, and stayed up past midnight on Sat. & Sun burning a lot of wood.
House was full of air mattress sleepers, had one in the RV and a couple "slept" in my boat. Took until Monday pm to get yard back to normal and put everything away. Alan will be joining COG on the strength of all the good people he met, and new friends made. This was the first time I did all the smoking & grilling, and I think that went pretty well.
Thanks to everyone who helped pitch in for anything that needed to be done. It was a labor of love for me, with a pay off of seeing all of my riding friends.
We'll do it again next year.....................            Al

I had a blast with everyone who attended. Al put on a great party and he and Nancy were terrific hosts! Good times great fun!

And my car is covered in ice.  :73:  Looks like a good time.  I was expecting to see at least one ADV sticker with all the salutes being given.  ;)

Hi and thanks to everyone, I had an awesome time meeting all the great people at this event. I haven't relaxed and laughed this much in a long time. Al and Nancy put on a great spread and made everyone feel like old friends. The riding was great! This was the first time I've experienced a "real" curvy road. I live on the east coast of Florida and a curvy road is rare over here. The roads that Al had planned for us to ride were a real thrill, especially trying to follow this group. You can count me in for next year.