• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cleveland International Motorcycle Show

gsjay

Any plans to organize an event around the International Motorcycle Show in Cleveland in January?

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/ohio

Last year we traveled to Cleveland Saturday Morning and visited the West End Market, then lunch and drinks at the Great Lakes Brewing Company.

Went to the show Sunday morning, which was MUCH better than fighting the crowd Saturday.
We usually stay at the Red Roof on Snow Road.
Jason
COG 32

Below is an email I sent out to our local motorcycle group in Johnstown Pa.
Hope to see some Coggers in Cleveland.
Jason
COG 32

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/ohio

Ok, we’re going to the Bike show in Cleveland.
Joanne & I and the Papinchak’s have decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn, Independence. I just booked a room online for less than $60.

Joanne and I definitely plan on driving out Saturday morning the 30th and head directly to the West Side Market.

After shopping Lunch will be at either the Great Lakes Brewing Company or  Sololowskis. Or some other last minute choice.

After lunch the schedule is open.
There are several places within walking distance of the Red Roof for Dinner. Including the Winking Lizard and The Melt Bar & Grill.

Sunday will head to the show early to beat the crowd. Last year we parked in the front row and had the place to ourselves for the first couple of hours. Should be done by noon and if the weather isn’t a factor we might search out another interesting lunch location before getting back on the road.

As you can see, it’s really all about the food!
Please share this with anyone you think would like to join in for all or any of the weekend.
Jason

110 views and NOT ONE REPLY........................

Aren't any of you going to the show?

jason

gsjay said:
110 views and NOT ONE REPLY........................

Aren't any of you going to the show?

jason

wasn't too impresssed with last years show, but weather is gonna be nice here this weekend.... I'm sick with a nasty cold, so I'm passing on it this year, give us a call when you are in town, might hook up with ya for dinner or sumpin tho, have a safe trip.

I probably won't go to the motorcycle show, but I'm definitely down to grab a bite. You're staying less than two miles from my house anyway: no reason not to say, " Hi."

i got your number, and will give ya a call if we congregate, for major food consumption.... you might reach Jay from linking thru COG links, and if i dont make it, best for all, I just got a text from a Local ADV pal, about going, but as I am down with flu, and wanting some relief, may show up.. all concerned can text' or call me, based on my phone book number in the COG book.

As much as we love coming to Cleveland this might be my last Motorcycle show.

All the major manufacturers where there, except Triumph.
Lots of nice new shinny machines to look at and sit on.........................
But VERY FEW vendors! If you wanted to clean your eye glasses or buy insoles for your boots you had a lot of choices.
But little else.

I think the hey day of Motorcycling if gone by.................kids don't ride bikes! They play video games. I'm glad I'm not in the motorcycle industry!

We arrived at 9:30 and by 11:30 we where ready to hit the road.
$10.00 to park, $15.00 to get in................
I don't have to go back.
Sad.
Jason

gsjay said:
As much as we love coming to Cleveland this might be my last Motorcycle show.

All the major manufacturers where there, except Triumph.
Lots of nice new shinny machines to look at and sit on.........................
But VERY FEW vendors! If you wanted to clean your eye glasses or buy insoles for your boots you had a lot of choices.
But little else.

I think the hey day of Motorcycling if gone by.................kids don't ride bikes! They play video games. I'm glad I'm not in the motorcycle industry!

We arrived at 9:30 and by 11:30 we where ready to hit the road.
$10.00 to park, $15.00 to get in................
I don't have to go back.
Sad.
Jason

sorry to hear that, but that's kinda what I felt like last year...

hope you at least got some good food, and bevereges while ya were here.... and you didn't have a blizzard here during the show this year.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: