• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Clockwise Around the Nation (13K miles)

brownant

Tricycle
Hey, all.  I am 3K into a 13K ride from San Jose, CA to Nova Scotia and back.  2009 Connie is performing beautifully so far on slabs, two-laners and even a bit of dirt road.  The cool Pacific fog, the baking Idaho grasslands, and skirting a massive storm through North Dakota have been a fine variety.  In the Chicago area now visiting the in-laws and then off to upstate New York next week.

Gear is working well. A recently added MRA Touring X-Creen for the windshield makes a big difference. Twelve year old Aerostich Rodacrafter still is a versatile exo-skeleton for the heat or the rain. Shoei Neotek with a Scala Q3 is good for tunes or radio.  I has been a fine expedition so far.

I am telling the story at SillyCentrist.Com.  -- brownant

Looks like a great trip along with a very good write up. Your itinerary has you in at Barber in Sept. sometime. If possible you should try to make Barber Vintage days Oct. 7 - 9. There will be a couple dozen of us camped there in lot B.

Enjoy the trip, looks to be a great one!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Hey Brownant,
I'm in Westchester County NY and have been considering a ride up to Cabot Trail on Cape Bretton Island myself this September. I have an identical 2014 Concours (aside from the top box which mine is red). I was thinking of heading away around the 6th. If those dates work would you like some riding company for a few days. If not do you have a cell number you would share with me and I will probably catch you on the route.
Mine is 808 228 4350
Keep the rubber side down
Steve

Quite the trip. I'll be following along.

Safe travels and have a bunch of fun.

@Cliff: Thanks for the info.  Still thinking about throwing in a Florida loop (hurricane dependent) which would put me in Barber right about that time.  Vintage is a blast.
@Hughess: I'll be leaving Kent CT behind you a few days.  I'll give you a ring when I get over that way.  It'd be good to know another rider in the Maritimes.
-- Brownant

Today I hit my eastern limit after four weeks on the road.  I celebrated with chocolate cake for breakfast in Sydney (just like my grandpa taught me). 

Steve (Hughess), you get the hound dog award for tracking me down at an Ingonish gas station.  Great to ride some of the Cabot Trail together and talk for a while.  Cabot Trail is a fantastic ride which reminds me of California coast and of the New Zealand highlands.

Time to go home. The ride home is 4000 miles according to my GPS, but I'll take the scenic way instead.

-- brownant