• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG National Rally 2011

ForumAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't it time for the speculation to begin? We are only a bit more than a month away from the announcement in Tomah. -- COG Forum Admin

Colin - I call "no fair." That would not be a guess. You are too willing to give out top secret info... without the proper graft. ;) On the other hand, I am willing to accept quality beverages as payola.

I heard a rumor that it's going to be in Disney world! I think Vic started it.(Only kidding) Then we can all say, "I'm going to Disney world"! :p Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10
2638311280103513287fDmUTZ_th.jpg

Thanks Bob, just sell me out in a heartbeat....... Kissimmee Florida is the bestest place on earth!! There is even a Mountain or two close by, no,,,,,,really. More details to follow :)

Well I too have an idea that it will be further out west. If that is what it comes out to be, great! Next summer, there will be no garden and I might even get off the lawn mower for a bit. Anybody got a zero turn mower cheap?? Yeah, I'm already trying to get the SO or son to take over for a bit. tcars John

So.....who's supplying me a C14 to work over?!!? http://www.millerized.com I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g

I think Jay knows. Only 11 more months to have your passport ready. Order new tars and filters. Book those rooms! ;p Pat COG 1887 IBA 5830 NRA LIFE VSSA LIFE Assorted bikes own me.

I could certainly live with a rally out in the NW quadrant of the US or across the border in Canada. I've been thinking about a long trip (a month or so) in that direction next year anyway. If I could combine the COG National and a couple of other COG, Beemer or Stromtrooper rallies over a few consecutive week ends, that would be a nice vacation.

wow two threads speculating the same thing! Which is the primary and the secondary thread? :confuse: Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10

Has far as the 2011 Nationals, I have been told by a reliable source that it will be east of the Pacific Ocean.

Wow that's funny because I heard kind of the opposite. I heard it was going to be west of the Atlantic! Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10

That's OK. Mine probably wouldn't start to get there anyway! :p Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10

quote: No worries Bob, you can borrow a trailer from one of your Harley buddies in the neighborhood. ----------------------- Brent Johnson CDA# 0304 Quote How do you think I keep trailering it to the shop? Your right, my Harley buddies trailer! :p Bob Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10

Oooooo... Oooooo.... Is it too late to make a guess :p http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/clubstatic.cfm?clubID=1328&pubmenuoptID=30296

I plan on being there! Bionic Bob COG & AMA member First C14 CDA member #0220 08 C14,03 Mean Streak, & 86 C10

that works too! I will knock out two teirs of states when I go to either place. I am thinking of ging to VT by way of Canada I can kill a bunch of States and Provinces that way! Oh yeah headed to google maps now.

Thanks COG Leadership...... You just made at least 99% of the Members of COG not be able to go next year... Whats wrong with making it a Central USA location every year? A few hundred miles in any direction from Kansas.... Vermont? Give us a freaking break. Your about as good with this as you are trying to work Rick about Concours.org

Thanks COG Leadership...... You just made at least 99% of the Members of COG not be able to go next year... Whats wrong with making it a Central USA location every year? A few hundred miles in any direction from Kansas.... Vermont? Give us a freaking break. Your about as good with this as you are trying to work Rick about Concours.org Southern star - please stick your opinions and trolls under the "say anything" topics.

Lot of great riding with a couple of 100 miles of Kansas. You have got to be kidding. If I wanted to ride in the flatlands in the heat, I would have moved to that area. No way can you compare riding within a couple of hundred miles of Kansas with Vermont riding. If you don't like it, do come. Sure no one will miss someone like you who brings other crap to the forum other than where the National will be. Better check out your stats and you will find rallys in NE are usually better attended than any where else. I didn't attend this year National cause I really don't care for the riding and heat in the rally area. Been there before and did it. So I didn't go. No big deal. As for 99% of the Cog membership not being able to attend Vermont rally, think you better back off the sterno and take a look at where most of the active Cog members live. North, Central and Southern East coast.

That is the nice thing about living in KC. It is pretty much the same distance to the east coast as it is the west coast. Besides to me the ride there is half the fun. PS We do have the ozarks just an hour or so away.

Terry: You wrote: "Thanks COG Leadership...... You just made at least 99% of the Members of COG not be able to go next year... Whats wrong with making it a Central USA location every year? A few hundred miles in any direction from Kansas.... Vermont?" COG's executive board only makes a decision on where to host the National, but it is the members who make the proposal. So urge your members there in Texas to make a proposal for 2012. I'm sure there are a lot of members there who would give a helping hand. Now I've been to your state several times and would like to attend a National there, but I have one request, don't make it in the summer. It's hot enough in Jawja and I can only imagine how hot it can be in Texas. :) tcars John

Chris Lillie won the project bike. As far as I knew I had 26 people that had joined COG. When they announced that the winner had 46 people my heart sank. Then they said that Chris Little won. I was hoping like heck that was a typo lol.

Yeah Chris. Sucks to be you, don't it. All that added insurance, gas, registration, tags, taxes. Sorry I couldn't help out on that part. ;) Oh, and Ken said 47, not 46. http://www.millerized.com I'll be in the garage
welder.gif
COG 6425, CDA 111 a through g

Chris Lillie won the project bike. As far as I knew I had 26 people that had joined COG.
Congrats Chris. Nice job. Hopefully you will continue to be an ambassador for COG membership.

Regarding a COG National in TX -- the Texas part of the AVA (Voyagers Assn) does a rally in The Hill Country every year in late April. I've attended four times because I like the people and it's a great area for riding. It's particularly nice that time of year because the temperatures are more moderate -- cool enough to sleep in the tent at night and generally less than 90 degrees during the day. However, if COG held a National in that area anytime between early May and possibly early October, I would be concerned about the chance for very high daily temperatures.

I made my reservations yesterday so I will be there. $49 room is too cheap to pass up I just hope you yankees dont give discount for bed bugs. PS the two threads about the same place is a little confusing for my simple mind.

SouthernStar wrote on 16-Jul-10 @ 12:19 PM Thanks COG Leadership...... You just made at least 99% of the Members of COG not be able to go next year... Whats wrong with making it a Central USA location every year? A few hundred miles in any direction from Kansas.... Vermont? Give us a freaking break. Your about as good with this as you are trying to work Rick about Concours.org
Rev Rider wrote on ZG/GTR Fanatics forum Actually "East Kansas" is only about 25 miles west of West Dover, Vermont. Look it up.
Google It - East Kansas, VT Mike Aldea, COG-528 Hawthorne, NJ
2469478460102652906xWTIGW_th.jpg
2520423130102652906S200x200Q85.jpg
2710979210102652906GMlQTI_th.jpg