• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG Ride- Ventura, Ojai, Mountain Fun- Saturday, August 2nd-9am

Motomaniac

COG Southwest Area Director
Southern Caifornia COG Riders are all invited!

I came up with two options of the same basic route. If it’s very hot we may go for a coastal ride to Santa Barbara and back. Have lunch in town or on the Pier. Ride through the local hills on the way back.

The plan is to meet at the Starbucks on Topanga Blvd. as we did before at 8:45am… Kickstands up no later than 9am. Make sure you fill up before reaching the Starbucks. While at the Starbucks we can discuss any changes to route depending on the weather and how long we want to be riding! I am going to try to be there by 8:30am

Anyone from the South that would like to meet up on the way to Valley. Right now the spot to meet would be It’s a Grind (Coffee Shop) in Long Beach at Spring and Woodruff. Let’s meet there at 7:45am. We will leave no later than 8am. Those in south orange county we can meet closer if you wish.

It’s going to be a fun but full day of riding…….That’s why the early start.  I know on this ride we may not have anyone coming up from San Diego…(Though you are welcome to come!). We will ride in the San Diego area on the next ride….so be ready.

Please let me know if you will be participating on this ride.

Thank you and safe travels,

Russ    :motonoises:  :c029:

Option #1

https://goo.gl/maps/qupZD

Option #2
https://goo.gl/maps/jzdZg

What a ride!!  7 riders and this time we had more C10's than C14's on the ride. 4 to 3! Starting point was Woodland Hills and we went through some beautiful back roads through Santa Paula to Ojai. This is where we all decided what the hell.....let's go to Solvang for Lunch. Nice riding through the coast and this is where DGOLD (David) showed all the cool hidden roads to Solvang, through the Santa Barbara Hills, The hills/mountains above SB that David took us through were sooo fun!  We rode up to 4,000ft above SB!. From there we rode the back way through the Montecito hills and returned to where we started. I can tell you it was a full  day! Miles ridden record for the day was earned by Jeff as he rode a total of 522 miles. Other riders were Jack, David, Jimmy, John, and myself. Look forward to the next ride!

:motonoises:  :great:  :)

Here's a couple of photos that Rusty took.  Looks like the view was wonderful...

1.jpg

2.jpg

NICE JOB So Cal SWCOG.  :great: :beerchug: You exemplify Stay for the People. C U all in Graeagle!