• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cogers cross polinate a FJR regional

OMoaC

Me, Mike B, Randy B and Mark O are planning to cross pollinate a FJR regional in Cedar City next weekend. See if we can spread some COG DNA. As you all know Cedar City UT is a blast and a cross roads of awesome roads. Anybody else wanna come and play let us know. All in the name of ST camaraderie. May even win over a few converts. Join for the bike, Stay for the people (Or join for the people, Stay for the people)  :) :beerchug:

Wish I could. Anything to get away from the RAIN!!!!  :mad:
But can't go.

Call Kuzin' Ted. Mebbe he can go?

Ya'll have fun.
Ride safe, Ted

Bigfoot_16 said:
Maybe you should reconsider the use of the word, "crash". That has some mangled implications... ???
Point! RNW, no schedule. Show and Go. We'll be in Friday Night. Still searching for the linky thing.

2015 SWFOG Lodging:

The El Rey Best Western in Cedar City is the new motel for 2015. May 28-31, 2015.

Contact at the motel: Enoch or Daye at 435-586-6518

Identify that you are with the SWFOG for the rates noted below.

Best Western El Rey Inn & Suites

Included with each room: Microwave/fridge, pillow top mattress, deluxe continental breakfast, Outdoor pool, fitness center and WI-FI. All of our rooms are non-smoking and newly renovated as of the end of this month.

Single queen - $64.99 plus tax (no microwave/fridge)

Single queen - $69.99

Single deluxe king - $74.99

Two deluxe queens - $89.99

Two deluxe queens with pullout couch - $99.99

Three queen beds (Family Suite) - $114.99

Stratford Court Hotel.

Included with each room: Microwave/fridge, continental breakfast, outdoor pool and spa and WI-FI.

Single king - $59.99

Single king pool view - $69.99

Two queens - $69.99

Two queens pool view - 79.99

Between the two properties I have space for your entire group. Depending on the room types needed I may be able to house them all at the BW El Rey, it being the nicer of the two hotels with the current renovations.

Note: Room rates are based on selling 20 rooms. Cancel w/o fees 30 days. Cancel later will charge for one day only unless room is sold w/in group

Old man let me know the time frame, meet on Saturday , Friday night? I'm in . Im just down the street if you need anything

You find the linky thing... I'll set up critter sitters and make a couple calls. Return early Sunday? Really early

Linky thing seems only to be on Facebook. May be why the Feejers are struggling  :)) :)) :)) :)) That and a 6th gear. Very cool. Yes. Early Sun. Supposed to be 102 in Vegas on the run home. Me and the 'stich will be sporting a cooling vest.

I searched around the net and couldn't find anything. I'm not on Facebook. I did find that there's award winning clam chowder somewhere in Cedar City. Also.... Garmin says about 6 hours from my place to Best Western. I figure maybe 8.

Where from? About 3 hrs from Vegas straight up the 15 (at the suggested velocity limit).

Ok did I miss something,  is there a meeting in cedar city this weekend,  it seems like a little closer to the cortez ride, but what is the agenda im assuming that we meet Friday night  till sunday or what,  weather looks good,  can I come with my BMW
Charlie

Long Beach. I tend to slightly exceed suggested guidelines but I've never ridden that far at once. I've been practicing a lot lately.

RWNielsen said:
Long Beach. I tend to slightly exceed suggested guidelines but I've never ridden that far at once. I've been practicing a lot lately.
Richard if you do not go we have COG ride in the mountains (Angeles Crest) Saturday morning if you are interested!  :motonoises:  :great:                 

Rusty said:
RWNielsen said:
Richard if you do not go we have COG ride in the mountains (Angeles Crest) Saturday morning if you are interested!  :motonoises:  :great:               
Where/when. Shell station?

Charlie,

This is an FJR Rally in Cedar City.  We are crashing it as Randy from Cali is coming and he has an FJR, he invited all of us along.  The Rally is, show up and ride, bench race, eat, drink, hang-out.  No fees, no schedule, nothing to sign up for.  You do have to get a hotel room though.  Ride what you got and have fun.  I'm leaving tomorrow morning on the CBR, staying Friday, Sat and leaving toot-sweet Sunday morning.  You should come down.  Looks like we'll be riding HW12 on Saturday.

Mike

Reminds me of a story;
I went to a joint FJR/Connie Rally in Arkansas once.
During that rally, 4 bikes went down. (Luckily none went down hard).
That afternoon, standing around with a bunch of FJR guys swapping lies;

(thinking he was amoung friends) 1 sed;  Whatever ya'll guy's do, don't tell the Connie Rides that all 4 bikes were FJR's.

<grin>  I told,,,,,,,,,,,,,  ;)

Watch out for them FJR guys. They fall down a lot...

Ride safe, Ted