• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Compact tire plug kit

kzz1king

I am always trying to reduce my toolkit size and weight. I run across this somewhere on the web and it had great reviews. Its an 1" dia by 5" long. Bought mine on Amazon for a little over $10. Seems to be well built.
EDIT: made by FRI Concepts Tire Plugger

Attachments

• PXL_20231117_194143566.jpg
    PXL_20231117_194143566.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20231117_194216491.jpg
    PXL_20231117_194216491.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20231117_194257763.jpg
    PXL_20231117_194257763.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Thanks, was just looking at my set-up the other day when putting the bike away for winter and was rethinking my space usage. I will check this out, thanks.

KZZ, I don't see any of the glue/lubricant in the kit.
A small tube of that sure makes tire plugging easier.

Ride safe, Ted

While on Amazon I spotted this gem to compare.
At $5 more, slightly more compact. Interesting construction.
The tool screws into the case to make the handle.

81DBgj9vmwL._AC_SX679_.jpg

My thoughts: the strips are only 2 inches, is that enough?
Combination rasp and inserter, maybe ok but not sure.Sometimes tough to get a pointed rasp inserted.
Seems like to would be easy to push in but without a tire pulling back may be tougher when rasping the hole. I think it's more for bicycle and mountain bikes.

I like that the case works as a T-handleis there room in the case for a small tube of glue/lube?

I think all these compact kits can be life savers when needed. They make great stocking stuffers and they look big enough to stash a few bills, maybe a spare key or two, some rubber cement lube, and can be stored any where. I've plugged tires using worse tools. I wouldn't use them on truck tires for sure.