• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concourier articles..

Konehead34

Just thinking out loud here, but I had the benefit/privilege of going back through some older issues of the Concourier magazine that Jim Synder was giving away. (Thanks again Jim) in those issues I came across several that were still very much relevant and probably worthy of a reprinting. One in general was a service article regarding KIPASS and battery test, by one of our favorite but longer with us members, Brian Felice. RIP Brian. This was in the spring 2011 issue. In short he described a way to determine if it was the battery in fob, battery for bike, or KIPASS that was the problem in the key not turning and bike waking up. As there's been some chit chat about KIPASS lately, maybe this one could resurrected?

Like I said, just thinking out loud...

Join.for the bike, stay for the people...

There are so many great articles in the Concouriers, about so many topics; tech, rides, safety... They are so amazing in print.

Members keep in mind, there are many archived back issues in the COG library, going back as far as 2003 I believe. Something for everyone.

Go to the COG Library

then select "Concourier Archives" and it will show you a list of issues available

If you are a new Member - browsing through these archived Concouriers will be very beneficial

Just thinking out loud here, but I had the benefit/privilege of going back through some older issues of the Concourier magazine that Jim Synder was giving away. (Thanks again Jim) in those issues I came across several that were still very much relevant and probably worthy of a reprinting. One in general was a service article regarding KIPASS and battery test, by one of our favorite but longer with us members, Brian Felice. RIP Brian. This was in the spring 2011 issue. In short he described a way to determine if it was the battery in fob, battery for bike, or KIPASS that was the problem in the key not turning and bike waking up. As there's been some chit chat about KIPASS lately, maybe this one could resurrected?

Like I said, just thinking out loud...

Join.for the bike, stay for the people...

Yep I used that article to make my own KIPASS bypass. As Wandrng said members can find those in the COG Library and there is a handy index
to assist in finding what you are looking for. The whole tech section is a fantastic reference source.

Shameless plug;

In the last Concourier, I wrote a COMPLETELY TRUE article about my arrival at the National and my meeting with a certain squirrel.

Not 1 person told me they believed my story, nor that they (at least) laughed at my plight.
And no one commented about the Beautiful RED Connie on the cover.

I'm broken hearted.... :cry:

Ride safe, Ted

Shameless plug;

In the last Concourier, I wrote a COMPLETELY TRUE article about my arrival at the National and my meeting with a certain squirrel.

Not 1 person told me they believed my story, nor that they (at least) laughed at my plight.
And no one commented about the Beautiful RED Connie on the cover.

I'm broken hearted.... :cry:

Ride safe, Ted
If i.may direct.ur attention to the forum thread. 'Where do we send the nuts' there were several of us, that nearly pee'd their pants reading your harrowing tail (pun intended) of you and the squirrel from hell!!! We're waiting on the next years sequel. Will it be a possum or an armadillo that gets u this time?!?...lmao

If i.may direct.ur attention to the forum thread. 'Where do we send the nuts' there were several of us, that nearly pee'd their pants reading your harrowing tail (pun intended) of you and the squirrel from hell!!! We're waiting on the next years sequel. Will it be a possum or an armadillo that gets u this time?!?...lmao
Not sure yet.
There's a buzzard in the woods that's been watching me far too often.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I saw them notes about bathroom etc..