• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concours 14 vs Bandit 1250

CheesyRider

Big Wheel
Hi, I just joined this forum as I'm considering getting a Concours.  I had a 2007 Bandit 1250, but now it is my wife's bike. Last summer, I talked her into trying it out even though she was a bit intimidated by the weight.  She loved the Bandit and claimed it as her own!  Anyways, now I'm looking to buy another bike just for me.  I'm not going to be able to test ride a Concours for a couple of months, so I'd love to hear some first hand comparisions of the Concours with the bike I'm most familiar with.  Thanks!

I can't believe your good fortune!! My wife and I have this very combination 8)

We have added the CCS-1000 cruise control, Yoshimura slip-on, TFI fuel controller, and the Givi PLX sadddle bags to the Bandit
If you find the 1250 good you will like the C-14 too. Similar power to weight ratio and comfortable to tour with.

Sold my '02 1200s to get my connie. My opinion is that the bandit is a really underappreciated bike. Me and the counterweight sport toured on that bike for about 4 yrs a week at a time. Great Bike. Connie has more seat (for you and the counterweight), obviously more luggage, better touring position without losing sport and that little piece of heaven, heated grips. Similar grunt and power to weight ratio but much heavier in the parking lot and driveway (see CDA). A good upgrade.

Yes sir, had an 08 C14 that I traded during a COG SE rally last year and went to the 09 Bandit 1250.  I loved it, I do all standards though nearly!  I didn't keep it long though as I ran across a pretty good deal on an '07 FJR.  I don't keep any of them too long!  I always go from a standard back to a shaft driven bike though.  It seems I could kick myself every time I am out fooling with that chain...  But, the Bandit is more comfy to me out of the box in regards to the bar reach, etc...  The shield and seat needs attention on both bikes, IMO.  I already would bet that I will have another Bandit at some point, great bike for the money until this last update with the full fairing.  Suzuki is crazy to add a little plastic and put it at the $11K mark without bags, at a minimum!  You will love the C14, great bike with a lot of great features, but this FJR Gen 2 is damn good as well...  You can see how I had each bike set up to my liking here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/concoursbdh

Small world.... When I was looking to upgrade from my 05 Bandit to the 09 C14 I now have my GF ( now my fiance) laid claim to the Bandit. Coming from a 06 Yamaha 650 Classic she was a little intimidated. Once she rode it she was hooked. I have since lowered the Bandit. During the 2 years I rode it I had already put on a D&D slip-on, a tinted Double-Bubble windscreen, ROX adjustable bar risers, an gel seat, motech racks w/ givi bags & other farkles. We've since done a few tours together & it seems to be a great pairing. (both bikes & people) One of the best things about it is, I still get to ride the Bandit. I do believe you will be quite happy with the trade. As stated earlier the Bandit is a much overlooked & under appreciated bike. The C14 is just a great bike. Sounds to me like you've got a win-win situation. I know I did. Best of luck & enjoy your new ride.