• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

connie droppers anonymous

looper

Hello fellow connie droppers.My first drop on my c14 was while parking at the topp of a steep driveway on a sidewalk along a little used beach walk.I was being careful to NOT drop the connie and putting the bike on the center stand.Well,I placed my bike on the side stand and should have left it at that but NO,I just had to use the center stand for that photo op with the water view background and in that fatal move had the wheel pointed uphill.Thats all it took.A little movement and down the bike went,sliding a bit as well damaging the mirror scraping the bag but my frame sliders saved the tank and seat.Cosmetic stuff to live with and no fairing damage,that was to come later.
Nine years later and I am detailing the 2013 c14 bike to presnt for a possible trade-in on a 2023 KLR 650 adventure.At this point I am 70 and not riding much anymore.Nothing has reduced my riding more than my constant companion,a 90 lb yellow lab named Huckleberry.He goes everywhere with me these days.I have the bike in showroom condition and of course on my wet driveway and as I take said bike off side stand I slip on thewet surface and I am just not strong enough to hold her up.I quickly walk to the neighbors and ask for his help.We get connie upright and examine finding just a small crack in the lowest part of fairing near brake lever.Never did take in for trade in and ridin her to the national in Canyonville so I need my CDA t-shirt to proudly display my driveway skill.Thanks for reading my longwinded dropmission.

Jackson........ Looper # 5442