• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Conti Road Attack

firebandit

Training Wheels
I ran on a coupla sets of these tires and found them very good. I only switched to Pilot road 2, because I got a good deal on them when the 3"s came out.Anybody else use these tires?

I ran Road Attack's on my RT when I had it.  They performed very well.  I plan to try a set on my Concours as soon as I wear out the 2 sets of PR3s I have.  The best I got out of the RAs was 7000 miles back in 2009 on my RT.  They performed every bit as good or better than the PR3's in wet or dry. 

Conti has changed the compound a little since then from what I have heard.  I think they are Road Attack 2's now.

How many miles did you get from them?

I have the Road Attack II on my C14, my friend K1600 using them also.

I like it alot, better in wet than stock-stone and Angel at least for me.  I have about 7Kms on it now and about 1/3 of tread to go on the rear.  I have a set of Avon Storm & Pilot Road 3 waiting for me.

Its compound is kindda soft, more like sport tire.  It has similar issue with Michelin compound : once putting on the bike, use or not after about 12-18 months, it would start having small leaks allover, also it seems patching is alittle bit harder then other brands, i vote for the plugs anyway so this doesnt cause me big concern

at

After the OEM Bridgestones, I put a pair of Conti Road Attack II's on my C14 and they made a vast difference in handling and ride.  I got 5,100 miles on that pair before wearing them down to the cord.  I no have a new pair of Road Attack II GT's installed and have about 1,200 miles on them.  They feel and handle the same as my first pair, but the GT's are supposed to get better mileage.  I'll let you know how it turns out next summer. ;)