• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cool on the highway warm in town?

majorpaynepoo

Big Wheel
I was wondering if anyone else has this happen to them. I cruise down the highway at speed and the temp stays down to the lower part of the normal range, as soon as i get into town and hit a few red lights the temp goes to the middle part of normal and the fan tends to kick on and off. I've changed the oil, and tested the antifreeze since this has happened as well as babied the bike thru town but it still does the same thing. The bike is just about to turn 38k miles. I love the bike and hope their is nothing seriously wrong with her. Any suggestions on or off topic to this would be appriciated since im sort of new to the concours (about 600 miles so far). thanks from WV.

Mine acts very similar. Some cruises that I take the needle is in the middle of the gauge between H and C, and others it stays low near C. I too have just put about 500 miles on my recently purchased 2001, with only 9200 miles on her total. I wish i had more answers for you on this, but I have not had a chance to check what type of riding causes a specific temp reading. I will keep a log and let you know.

Normal 2003 Concours, 59K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

As long as it's in the normal range and the fan keeps going on and off it is doing exactly what it's suppose to do. Steve

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm relieved Got my wife a helmet and installed the cardo q2 teamset with the hopes she enjoys riding as much as I do. So wish me luck. Happy trails to everyone, if your ever in wv (Pittsburgh area) we have some of the most beautiful riding IMO, hope to see you out there (always looking for another Connie on the road). Thanks from wv

I live in Weirton, wv about 25 miles west of Pittsburgh. The ride sounds great I'll check my work schedule and hopefully get to meet some new faces.