• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Corbin Seat w/ aftermarket backrest SOLD

Gigantor

I have a used Corbin in very good condition with an aftermarket backrest.  This is a what I call a 1st generation seat because unlike the seats they sell now, this one has no stitching on the seating surface.  Both seats are non heated .  I'm asking for $325 + shipping for the front, rear and backrest ($295 w/o backrest) check or money order.  I'll try to ship it safely in the smallest box possible to save you on shipping.

The pictures show minor scuffs from my sneakers while getting on and off the bike.  They are not scratches.  There are no cuts or abrasions on either of the seats.  There is one rub mark at the rear of the rider seat from where the pillion rests on top of the front seat.  It cannot be seen when the seats are on the bike.

Any takers feel free to PM me.  It's first come first serve but will keep runner ups informed if deal falls through.

Attachments

• DSC00746.JPG
    DSC00746.JPG
    287.5 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC00751.JPG
    DSC00751.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC00753.JPG
    DSC00753.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC00757.JPG
    DSC00757.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 222
I got my Corbin last fall, and it didn't have the stitching either. I kind of like it like that. How old is yours?

You could (probably still can) order the C14 Corbin without the stitching. The only requirement was that Corbin said that you had to have the stitching if you wanted the heated seat option. So not having stitching is not a big deal. It just doesn't look as nice as the seat with the stitching IMO.  :)

How does the backrest attach?  I'm trying to determine if it would fit in conjunction with a top case.

Kyle said:
How does the backrest attach?  I'm trying to determine if it would fit in conjunction with a top case.

There is a slot in the back of the pillon seat that the bar for the backrest slides into.  It is secured with a bolt.  I have a Givi V46 case and it fits with the backrest on.

Is this a standard height seat? Also, can you get me a measurement of the height of the backrest... the wife saw the backrest and I may just be able to talk her into this one.

BigDaddyJob said:
Is this a standard height seat? Also, can you get me a measurement of the height of the backrest... the wife saw the backrest and I may just be able to talk her into this one.

The backrest is 12" wide and 9.5" wide.  Hope this helps selling it to her.

It is the Corbin standard height which is about the same as stock, I'm 6'3" also and I didn't have  an adverse effect by the height.  I do use lowering pegs.

Sorry for the confusion, this is the new price  $325 + shipping for the front, rear and backrest ($295 w/o backrest)