• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Corbin trunk

Got outbid last night.
Not sure how I feel about an increase.
We'll see how I feel closer to the end.

I didn't mean to buy it, I swear!  It was the 2yr old playing on my computer, while I was washing dishes.

Okay... hopefully da wife will buy that when the big Red trunk shows up at the front door.  Or may be... I'll tell her it's a promotional gift from her Disney Club for the Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest. ::)

Nahhh... I'll just blame it all on you, ZG. >:D

Not a bad price. How much is the shipping? I sold one and the shipping was over $100.00. Still a good price. packing that thing was a beeotch.

MidlifeCrisis said:
I didn't mean to buy it, I swear!  It was the 2yr old playing on my computer, while I was washing dishes.

Okay... hopefully da wife will buy that when the big Red trunk shows up at the front door.  Or may be... I'll tell her it's a promotional gift from her Disney Club for the Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest. ::)

Nahhh... I'll just blame it all on you, ZG
. >:D

:rotflmao:

Nice, please feel free to blame me MC if it helps smooth it over with your wife, I'm use to it...  ;D

Congrats bro, nice price, enjoy!

:08:

I am guessing that a nice chunk of the national deficit could be taken care of with the shipping charges that that beast will incur.  ;D

Yap, I knew I was gonna take a hit on shipping.  I checked with the seller earlier about shipping.  He seems like a real nice fella, was very good with communication, and told me it was gonna be $100 or so.

I set my limit for the auction at around $450, which is just a bit more than the Givi E55 Maxia luxury edition.  TwistedThrottle would have charged me a good amount for shipping the E55 anyway, so I figure all in all I will probably spend about $150 more for the Corbin trunk vs. the E55, but darn near half of what a new one would cost me shipped.  I really like the matching paint.

I took the Bestem 929 off the Triumph Sprint ST before selling it, so I'll use that for commuting.  The Big Bertha will be great for the 3-day 1000 miles  Three Sisters Ride I got coming up in March.

All kidding aside, thanks ZG.

MidlifeCrisis said:
Yap, I knew I was gonna take a hit on shipping.  I checked with the seller earlier about shipping.  He seems like a real nice fella, was very good with communication, and told me it was gonna be $100 or so.

I set my limit for the auction at around $450, which is just a bit more than the Givi E55 Maxia luxury edition.  TwistedThrottle would have charged me a good amount for shipping the E55 anyway, so I figure all in all I will probably spend about $150 more for the Corbin trunk vs. the E55, but darn near half of what a new one would cost me shipped.  I really like the matching paint....

Nice deal. If I it had been in my color... I ended up with the e55 Lux from revzilla (free shipping on everything over $40) and am very happy with it. Would have preferred the Corbin for looks, but I hear it's much heavier. Let us know what the empty weight is on that monster, will ya?

MidlifeCrisis said:
Sorry MrPepsi, I guess I wanted it worse than you did. ;)

I think you're right. Probably has something to do wtih the fact that I have a new Givi E55 that I haven't used. I just know the SO wanted arm wrests and I knew I could sell the Givi. Enjoy it man!

I've got a 50 lbs digital scale ready to go when the box hit my front porch and registers on the Richter scale.  If that's not enough, I've got a 250 lbs digital shipping scale for back up. :eek:

I was at that guys house for a inspection. His wife was trying to sell that to me for my C10, I didnt think it would look right. I never acually saw the trunk but she said it was hardy used.

Lets just say that it probably exceeds the weight recommendation on that little sticker on the back, and that is without any added gear.  If I had to guess I would say about 20-25lbs.  I will be using it for my tools and light gear.  That was one reason I moved mine forward as well. 

The Corbin trunk already looks huge and somewhat disproportional on the C14.  Can't imagine it on the the C10.

The Corbin trunk will not be a permanent fixture on my C14, so I'm okay with exceeding the factory rating.  It will be great for weekend rides and touring.  I'll need to come up with a way to be able to swap easily between the two cases.

It has a quick release power plug and the 4 bolts literally take 3 minutes to remove.