• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Correct Vista Cruise Throttle Lock for C10 with regular grips...

Jayfrog214

Bicycle
Ok guys, I am super frustrated. Searched the forums before and did not find where anyone had actually listed the Model # of the Vista cruise (not the "Universal" fit) that is perfect for the ZG1000 with regular grips (and grip puppies). I ordered a NEP Vista cruise control from JC Whitney (Part #: 981647) that stated it was for the ZG1000...well..its not. Not to mention the NEP version seems to be a cheap knockoff though it is made by the same company. I have googled my fanny off trying to find this answer and all i find is "will fit Honda or most (yeah, "most") bikes with 7/8" bars, or for Suzuki, or Yamaha...nobody mentions Kawasaki (that I could find). and the one that said it was correct was wrong. So, please tell me the model number i need for the (non-NEP) Vista Cruise, or if someone has one for sale please let me know. I dont want the giant Universal that has the clamp with the bar going over the throttle housing, etc..just 2 thin plates and a thumb lever.

Thanks!!!!!!

Jay

Can't help with identifying the Vista Cruise, but look at the OmniCruise. Simple, works well and works with the standard grips with Grip Puppies (similar to Grip Buddies).

My hat's off to anyone who can get a Vista Cruise
to work properly on a Concours. The one I had was
either too loose to hold the throttle open or too
tight preventing the throttle from snapping closed.
IMO, the NEP is a much better piece of kit.
My NEP hasn't needed adjustment in 65k miles.
I hope you won't be disappointed.

I have used nothing but the Vista Cruise throttle lock for years with no issues. My installation positioned the lever slightly higher than the pictures in the link, but otherwise, the same product. Every one I have installed had to have the inner diameter of the "clamp" enlarged slightly. It doesn't take much, and if you remove too much it will never work right. Go slow with the sand paper and keep checking the fit on the throttle tube and it will work just fine. I even installed one on my 2014 V-Max. I had to fabricate a custom bracket, but it works great and looks like a factory part.

I've used the universal fit VC on my Concs fer prolly >250k miles, no prob at all.  It's bolted to the unused RH "mirror" (?) thread - badabing!  :great:

I've been running a NEP (CC3?) (solid square tab at the bottom) since 2006.
I did have to make a few slight modifications to get a good fit where the 'lock' would hold, yet allow the throttle to roll back freely when released.

The biggest thing was to take the bottom square tab piece, unsnap it from the throttle 'collars' and flip it over.
Basically, that lowers the 'foot' to fit underneath the switch housing.
Once that's done, I sanded a slight wedge angle to the plastic tab to match the slight angle of the switch housing while centering the collars around the throttle barrel. A little bit of double sided automotive molding tape between the foot and switch housing holds it nicely in place.

Good luck.

This is the one I use. It is actually described as a throttle lock for a Honda. Just do a search on ebay.

Attachments

• 5b85_12.jpg
    5b85_12.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 101
I've used the NEP CC2 for decades on my C10'S and on my current C14. It looks like the one Woody posted for the single cable Honda's, except the thumb lock is longer and narrower. It fits between the housing and the rubber grip. I mount them with the thumb lock facing up which puts the mounting tang below the housing ( I prefer the thumb lock facing up, I find it easier to use, especially when disengaging). I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the housing and used a very short screw and washer to attach it. You can just see it on the right side of the attached pic.

Attachments

• RAM mount 2.JPG
    RAM mount 2.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 139