• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Crud Run

planning on being there on my red 09, leaving from the twin cities, then nelson wi.
should be sloppy and snowy i would suspect. been there in the 70's and the 40's but this year could be the cruddiest,  :motonoises:

bajakirch said:
Probably the best weather they've had for the spring Run since I've been taking part (5 years), and I had to miss it.  :'(

First time visitor to SCR and I get the best weather in years!  I am blessed with Dumb Luck. 

The forecast called for partly cloudy, mostly sunny skies.
IMG_2416.JPG
IMG_2415.JPG

I arrived around 1030 to find the Red Mouse Bar and Kalscheur Park already packed with bikes.  And more were coming all the time.
IMG_2424.JPG
IMG_2419.JPG
IMG_2462.JPG

I started walking around looking at the bikes.  There were lots of generations represented. 

I tend to favor a certain kind so I took a few pictures.

This Dark Green one looked almost black in the sunshine.
IMG_2427.JPG

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2430.JPG
IMG_2429.JPG

I am considering getting a tank bra like this one.
IMG_2435.JPG
IMG_2436.JPG

I had not seen a cut-down, blacked-out windshield like this one before:
IMG_2440.JPG
IMG_2441.JPG

Nicely done!

IMG_2444.JPG
IMG_2445.JPG

Nice Givi trunk idea with backpad.  With cruise control and iPad for directions, looked like a nice riding setup.
IMG_2446.JPG
IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG
IMG_2455.JPG
IMG_2458.JPG

Finally, another COG member bike!
IMG_2463.JPG
IMG_2464.JPG

And a well traveled one too.

This silver C-14 came from Iowa.  Rick asked me why take a picture of his dirty C-14.  He explained that he shoveled 11 inches of Snow on Thursday just to get the bike out of his shed.
IMG_2467.JPG
IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

More silver C-14's around.
IMG_2476.JPG
IMG_2478.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

And silly things were there also:
IMG_2480.JPG
IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG
IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG
IMG_2487.JPG

So after an hour of walking around bikes, I took a break with a Brat and my bottle of G2.  I then headed over to Leland to see what the other end of the SCR looked like.  I followed my GPS and other bikes out through the countryside.  Colors are coming back to the trees and fields.

I parked on one side of the road and took off my riding gear as the Sun was shining down brightly.  TIP: Plan where to park if you want to leave right away.  I got parked in rather quickly.
IMG_2490.JPG
IMG_2491.JPG
IMG_2493.JPG

Before leaving, I met Bob and Mike and Roger from Cedar Rapids, IA.  Bob and Mike just got C-10's so they were asking me about my Baker Air Wings, Murph's tip-over bars, and the Kuryakin dropdown pegs on my ride.  I gave Mike info on the COG forums so we shall  see if they appear there soon.

Good ride home under pleasant skies...

i had my red 09 in the street right at the bridge, what a huge turnout, 75deg day, wow. was a 500+ miles from the twin cities, running the twisties. two runs through mendoro cut and one through wildcat, was a ton of fun. ran down with some msta guys.

I too was there and surprised at the amount of Connies there 10s and 14s.  I talked to a bunch of great guys but I'm sorry JS I never got to where you were.  Not too hard to understand why with so many people there.  The weather was great and seeing all of the different bikes was neat.  I'll try to post some of my pics later.