• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CT Meet & Greet, 7 June 2014 12:00 PM Trumbull, CT (CT/RI, NY, L.I. NY area)

B.D.F.

This is a three- way event (easy boys!) set up in the western edge of CT by the CT/RI, eastern NY and Long Island group leaders. We well meet up at the Old Towne Restaurant, have lunch, and then go for a group ride in three groups in the general direction of 'home' for all of us. This is a great opportunity not only to see the 'usual suspects' in our own areas but to meet up with folks in nearby areas that we do not see as often. So c'mon out and join us for lunch, and if the weather is decent, a ride afterwards. And if the weather is not great, let's hope the really bad stuff is in 'the other person's' area.  :)

You can sign up on the calendar page located here

Brian

Hey Brian, as you know, susan and I will be there with as many as our group we can possibly gather. Went to register and there was a glitch. The link doesn't  allow registration. Can't wait for this event, great idea. Thanks to Andrea and yourself for putting this meet & greet together.  :beerchug:

Yeah, I've been fighting with this for a while: trying a new method now. Give it a shot and you should be able to register....

Brian

Roger M. said:
Hey Brian, as you know, susan and I will be there with as many as our group we can possibly gather. Went to register and there was a glitch. The link doesn't  allow registration. Can't wait for this event, great idea. Thanks to Andrea and yourself for putting this meet & greet together.  :beerchug:

Only a couple of months left! Better sign up now 'cause we have limited seating. Really limited seating, not that fakey limited seating where there are only 469 places left- we have a back room reserved for 50. At least I hope it is the back room and not the part of the parking lot behind the back door..... nope, it really is inside.

Brian

BDF said:
..... nope, it really is inside.

Brian

I guess this will be your first time there Brian?? Otherwise, I'm sure we will be in the parking lot!!  :rotflmao: :D ;D :nananana: :rotflmao: :D ;D :nananana:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Roger M. said:
I guess this will be your first time there Brian?? Otherwise, I'm sure we will be in the parking lot!!  :rotflmao: :D ;D :nananana: :rotflmao: :D ;D :nananana:

Bumpity bump bump........
I just sent out an e-mail blast to my fellow COGgers here in the Long Island area. I am planning a group ride up. We will be meeting at 8:30am at the state troopers barracks on the west bound side of the southern state parkway. Kickstands up at 9. That should leave us with some time for parking lot banter.  :) Can't wait to see everyone.  :beerchug:

Yep, long range forecast looks good here too. Looking forward to this one!

Roger, you forgot the (easy boys!) after the comment about loining us.

:rotflmao:

Brian

Roger M. said:
Looks like its going to be a beautiful day on Saturday!! Come on out and loin us!!  :motonoises:

Squid4life said:
It looks like the weather will be nice so you guys should have lots of fun.

Lenny - you should go to this... Only 90 min from Brooklyn and the ride up the Merritt Pkwy is pleasant.

Fyi anyone coming from the east and intending on taking the Merritt Parkway south. I took that route as an alternate to work today. After exit 53 (after Housatonic River Bridge/ Sikorsky aircraft exit) they have the roadway milled up to where I exitted at 52, not too bad, pretty smooth, just a little mismatch between lanes but level and small exit mismatch. I was doing 60-65mph no problem. They are just working on it at night so no delays or lane closures.
According to local paper both south and northbound lanes between exit 50 Trumbull to exit 53 are intended to be resurfaced. No affect to people coming in on the Merritt from points south.

I changed the registration of this event to extend it all the way to Saturday. So for any folks who found registration closed, you should be able to register now if you want to do so.

We have reserved a room for 50 people but so far, only 11 have registered. C'mon people, you are going to make COG look bad by not attending!  :(  So keep those cards and letters coming in but especially, come on out and join us for lunch on what is shaping up to be a beautiful day!

Brian

Please add a guest for me,Can't seem up date my reservation. And No BDF, I don't need a wheelchair or special parking or a seat close to the bathroom.

Yeah, I do not understand the cosmos system well enough yet to use it smoothly. Apparently it has some quirks and we know I have limitations so that is a bad combination for success. There was also a problem with setting the software to charge each member a 'fee' but then nullifying that later in the process by setting the fee to zero or something similar.

Great to hear you are coming Wayne. And I would never say anything about special requirements for..... er, the .....er.... "extremely well experienced gentleman". Besides, I am still stuck trying to figure out a way to get you to use the clutch on your bike.

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
Please add a guest for me,Can't seem up date my reservation. And No BDF, I don't need a wheelchair or special parking or a seat close to the bathroom.

No he podido registrarseme en el sitio web. Nevertheless, I will be there! Those of you in witness protection better bring a disguise -- I will be putting this gathering in the next Concourier!

Hmmmm. I thought I fixed that and extended the time to register until Sat.! The force is strong in the COG software and I don't even know which droids I am looking for anymore.... :-(

No problem on the photo, just don't get Kirby's bad side- he hates it when that happens.

Brian

ProfessorKonk said:
No he podido registrarseme en el sitio web. Nevertheless, I will be there! Those of you in witness protection better bring a disguise -- I will be putting this gathering in the next Concourier!

I'm going to try to attend.  I have to work the night before.  Out of work at 6, (up in Wilton, NY) home, then down to Newburgh by 10.  I'll see how I feel that morning.

But the Cogmos website won't let me register, either.  The option for attendance number only has "0".

Do we "have to" register? I want to attend but Congress(aka wife) may have different plans and all of you married guys know how that goes!!!

Yeah, something is wrong there and I have not found it yet. My fault I am sure...  I will have to contact Steve S. and have him straighten me out with cosmos.... again, some more.

No, you do not have to register. The only reason to register is so that we, and especially the restaurant, have some idea of how many are coming. We told them 20- 25 people as of today but we have a room reserved that seats up to 50 (well, 49 including Gigantor  :rotflmao:  ).

So do not let the lack of registration stop you- c'mon out and join us!

By the way, it looks like we (Andrea and I) are stopping in New London, CT at 10:30 <sharp> to meet someone who is coming over on the Long Island ferry so if anyone else wants to meet up for the ride please do. Unfortunately we will be slabbing it all the way to the restaurant 'cause there is not time for anything else but we plan on taking secondary roads on the way back.

My SPOT should show up on the COG location page if anyone wants to check on where we are along the way.

Brian

Outback Jon said:
I'm going to try to attend.  I have to work the night before.  Out of work at 6, (up in Wilton, NY) home, then down to Newburgh by 10.  I'll see how I feel that morning.

But the Cogmos website won't let me register, either.  The option for attendance number only has "0".

Squid4life said:
Do we "have to" register? I want to attend but Congress(aka wife) may have different plans and all of you married guys know how that goes!!!

Yeah, that's cause Steve fixed it. The rest of us do what we do and that is all fine but in the end, Steve Smith is a huge part of what makes COG work. Far, far bigger than it appears. So my compliments along with my thanks for doing what you do (both so much and so very well) for COG 'cause if left up to the rest of us, the 'place' would not run nearly as well IMO and in my experience.

Looking forward to this thing tomorrow. Just finishing up with comm. systems in new helmets and going to wire the new GPS in place tonight. Fewer and fewer excuses for getting lost all the time....  :-[

Brian

Outback Jon said:
Registration appears to be working correctly now.  I'll have my Spotwalla running, too.  (OBJ)

BDF said:
Looking forward to this thing tomorrow.
+1.  About to go outside and take my bike for a quick test ride.  Installed Spiegler brake lines and haven't test rode it yet.  (Still have to do the clutch line, but that can wait.)  Just hope I'm feeling up to the ride in the morning.

Ok Long Island folks, see you at the troopers barracks on the west bound side of the southern state parkway at 8:30. Can't wait to see everyone!!  :great:

We just got home, we had a great time. Nice to see familiar and some new faces. Thanks Brian and Andrea for putting this together. First time I had a lobster covered hamburger.

An excellent day, lunch and ride. Thanks to all you folks for coming out and braving the sunshine and beautiful weather :)

It was a great mix of people from different areas today- a total of 25 folks joined in from several areas in all directions from Trumbull, CT. This M&G was sponsored by three different areas and I also thank our co- hosts Ben and Abey, and Roger and Susan for gathering so many people from their areas. It gives us all a chance to see some people we do not see all that often over the season year due to distance.

A few of us headed back east on a nice ride along secondary roads through central CT, ending up with a ride on the ferry at Hadlyme, which is always nice.

And we got to see Professor Konk's new paint. It is quite the departure from something like Jay's color schemes in that this one uses several colors at once; no need to wait months to get to the next color, just throw them on the bike at one time, right Bill?  ;D

There are a few photos but they are on Andrea's camera so she should be posting them soon.

Brian

What an outstanding day!  Ditto to what Brian said, thanks to our co-hosts and thanks to all who came out.  Spectacular weather even early on in the day, which was nice for those coming long distances, and there were many.  The Old Towne Restaurant turned out to be excellent, food, prices and service, so that'll definitely be on our list to return to.

Lots of laughs as always and much chatter and planning of rides to the National.  Fun times once again  :)

Enjoy some of of the shots of the day:  http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/arfelice/slideshow/2014-06-07%20Trumbull_CT-Old%20Towne%20Resturant

See many of you in a week  :beerchug:

Andrea

The food was great & the ride was great & thanks to Brain for ridin slow so the krazy old man on the 2013 Harley Davidson Fat Bob could keep up  :rotflmao: & I did another 140 after I split from u guys as it was a day to ride all day today!!!  :motonoises:

Props to hosts for finding another great M&G location. Thanks to the many members who joined in on the fun. These multi-hosted activities are a really good idea.  Sorry I could not join in on the after ride, but afternoon commitments beckoned. I did manage to get in a decent mornign ride taking all local roads to Trumbull.  Looking forward to seeing many of you in TN.

Great idea to have a 3 state gathering!........Kudos to the organizers....thanks to Brian/Andrea for meeting me at the ferry and leading the ride to and from Trumbull.......I am always amazed at the great riding on the back roads of CT.......the weather was perfect!.....always fun to meet the group for a meal.......Chris

Ocean said:
Great idea to have a 3 state gathering!........Kudos to the organizers....thanks to Brian/Andrea for meeting me at the ferry and leading the ride to and from Trumbull.......I am always amazed at the great riding on the back roads of CT.......the weather was perfect!.....always fun to meet the group for a meal.......Chris
Well, 2 states anyway.  Apparently COG doesn't recognize the state of Connecticut.  :nananana: