• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

CTC Air Conditioning

Far2Ride

Training Wheels
I'm sure i'll probably catch a bunch of flack but here it goes anyway. Anybody have any contact info or know anything about Core Temperature Controls. Looking to buy one of their systems but can't seem to get a hold of anybody. Thanks in advance.

$785 bucks?!! No thanks. If/when it gets hot, I'll just remove an inner layer, or get a shorter windshield. For the cold, heated gear works. And all that  for less than 785. :)

And, you still need a garment ($130 - $210), the heat transfer fluid ($8.99/bottle) and a mounting bracket!  :-\

I have tried the contact from their site several times with no response. Was looking to see if anybody had any more info like if they are still even in business and such. Looked at the Veskimo but with 5+ hours ride time between stops everything I have read says it only cools for a couple hours before needing ice recharged. Thanks for the input.

If you get one of those setups please post a write up! Seems expensive but I've spent more on less useful stuff, I've seen me do it. Can't wait for the review!!

robertv said:
$785 bucks?!! No thanks. If/when it gets hot, I'll just remove an inner layer, or get a shorter windshield. For the cold, heated gear works. And all that  for less than 785. :)

And not one word on how this thing works. I would need a full description but even then that is way to much coin. I do just fine with an evaporative vest, works well even in temps as high 110+.

Dan

Ah, suffering the slings and arrows of being an early adopter. I suspect people said the same thing back in the 60s -- why you need that fancy air conditioning in your car? You got 4 good windows to roll down.

Speaking as someone who abhors the heat, I have my eye on this technology. It might be a bit out of my price range now, but I think it holds promise.

I glanced through the user guide, but didn't see any quick disconnects for when you want to get off the bike without carrying the refrigeration unit.  Doesn't sound to convenient if you need to get off in a hurry. ???

I read a writeup somewhere by the guy who tested the prototype. He has MS, so heat is his enemy. The unit stays on the bike so there are definitely dry break connectors.

Daisy, for a product that expensive, I would hope that quick disconnects were a consideration....The website doesn't go into much detail, either.  Guess the company is relying on word of mouth.  They should at least publish a link to reviews (especially if it were semi-favorable). 

The concept sounds good from what little I could glean from the user's guide.  If they want to sell, they need to get better at advertising! ;)

If you look at the pics in their gallery, the 5th last one shows the connectors.
I found the articles where I read about it. Iron Butt Magazine, Winter 2013 and Fall 2014. Hadn't given it a lot more thought until I saw this thread, but it seems those articles by Paul Pelland are more informative than the website.

Bergmen said:
And not one word on how this thing works. I would need a full description but even then that is way to much coin. I do just fine with an evaporative vest, works well even in temps as high 110+.

Dan
I know how it works.  :)

I also have a friend with MS and if I had what she's got, 785 bucks would be cheap. If I just wanted aircon for my bike, maybe its not so cheap.

robertv said:

Heat AND Humidity is a bit less forgiving... removing a layer and removing the windshield completely will still leave you drenched with sweat.

Every rider cooling system runs upward of a $1000...  The Entrosys is $1500, but also offers heat!! 

IF I were to consider dropping that kind of coin, this would be the way I'd go.

http://www.gizmag.com/entrosys-motorcycle-airconditioner-review/30585/

http://www.bikeairusa.com/order.html