• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

D4 Denali Lights

c14 rider

Bicycle
Hi everyone....I just bought some Denali D4 lights. I hooked them up to a battery, really powerful suckers. They come with standard M8 mounts. I was wondering if anyone has bought those lights and where they installed them on their C14?

Ride safe,
- Sherm

I am thinking of installing it on my fender with M6 bolts but am unsure if that will work. Each lamp weighs close to 2 lbs, heavy when compared to the D1 or D2 lamps which weight roughly 0.5 lbs each. Last thing I need is for the bolt to bend or snap.

Ride safe,
- Sherm

I just ordered my D4's today. My plan is to make a stainless steel bracket off the bottom of the mirror mount so that the light sits in the aerodynamically dead area between the mirror and the fairing. I'm glad to hear the illumination is noteworthy; I've never seen 'em lit up.

El Concourstador said:
I just ordered my D4's today. My plan is to make a stainless steel bracket off the bottom of the mirror mount so that the light sits in the aerodynamically dead area between the mirror and the fairing. I'm glad to hear the illumination is noteworthy; I've never seen 'em lit up.

That may not be the ideal place to put them given their light intensity and size (they are big and bulky, about 2 lbs each lamp) and might look disproportionate under the mirror. But that really comes down to personal taste. I think I am going to install them on my frame sliders. The lamps sit nicely between the front frame slider and the fairing. I thought about along the forks, but there isn't really any solid place to mount them. If they were the D1 or D2 lamps, not a problem. But these D4s are real monsters !

The other nice feature is the posi-tap connection. Not that soldering is a big deal, but it just makes the job that much easier !

Ride safe,
- Sherm

No experience mounting them there, but that's a lot of weight that is going to be bouncing up & down. One it's unsprung weight and the brkts. will have to be very robust to tale that beating.

http://www.pca-one.com/productDetail.asp?productID=7899

Under the mirrors is where I've got mine, not D4s, but along the same lines.  Spend the $$ and get the brkt. for under the mirrors.

Josh

Scup said:
No experience mounting them there, but that's a lot of weight that is going to be bouncing up & down. One it's unsprung weight and the brkts. will have to be very robust to tale that beating.

http://www.pca-one.com/productDetail.asp?productID=7899

Under the mirrors is where I've got mine, not D4s, but along the same lines.  Spend the $$ and get the brkt. for under the mirrors.

Josh

Or you can install them on your framesliders. Either way, better make the mount solid.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denali-crashbar-light-mount-fits-crashbars-22mm-28mm-in-diameter

Ride safe,
- Sherm

Old thread:

For those guys that bought and installed D4's, can you please post-up pics??

I'd like to see how they look on the C14.

Trying to decide between these and DR1's.

thanks,
gr