• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Daytona Biketoberfest COG Breakfast 2014 - NEW VENUE

Victor Salisbury

Hey COGdom,

The Clubhouse Restaurant has been closed, but,,,,,thanks to the S Daytona COGger's we located a new venue!!!

I kept the original event on the calendar so don't be fooled by the old locations information hard coded, everything I could change reflects the new location.

Everyone interested, keep registering so we can try to give our new hosts a decent  head count

http://tinyurl.com/2014-Biketoberfest-Breakfast

His and Hers Café
3510 South Nova Road
Port Orange Fl. 32129
386 492 5985

Meet around 8:30'ish to kick tires, ect eat around 9.

Side Note:
FYI, some of us are contemplating hitting the AIMExpo in Orlando after breakfast.
BOGO tickets available thru their website;  http://www.aimexpousa.com/      promo code: BOGONOW

Thanks for the change on the fly.

Question, the wifey and I were going to hit breakkie on the way out of town in our van size wreck all creation vehicle with most likely a trailer behind it. Do you know what the room factor is in the parking lot?

We are headed up to Helen, Ga and points beyond for a week. I read on the interwebs that the trees all change color up there. We find that difficult to believe, so we're gonna go check it out.

Steve, the view from Google Earth shows this location to be in a strip mall type location, and there's plenty of visible parking there. Shouldn't be much of a challenge for a professional truck driver....eh?
Looking forward to seeing a good crowd of old and new faces at this RTE.
Thanks Vic, for pulling this together for all of us.

This link might be of interest to anyone heading to Daytona, and want to stay a bit to enjoy the scene.
https://secure.racetickets.com/DaytonaInternationalSpeedway/ft/public/index.cfm?event=map&eventid=3956&GatewayPass=y&scr=http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Tickets-Events/Events/2014/Fall-Cycle-Scene/Things-To-Do

This will be my first time for infield camping at Daytona. Looking forward to the races and the breakfast. Thanks for the link Al. I'll be there Thursday afternoon. Where is the best place to anchor my tent and gear? Herb
:great:

SteveJ. said:

Question, the wifey and I were going to hit breakkie on the way out of town in our van size wreck all creation vehicle with most likely a trailer behind it. Do you know what the room factor is in the parking lot?

We are headed up to Helen, Ga and points beyond for a week. I read on the interwebs that the trees all change color up there. We find that difficult to believe, so we're gonna go check it out.

Steve,
The restaurant is located at the end of a strip mall, so you should be ok with your rig? It's a rectangular parking lot with about 90'ish parking spots. 
Jim did say this restaurant stays busy, so you might want to arrive as early as possible to block , errr, secure a spot?  If not, we'll reserve you a section of the sidewalk,,,,,,,,, :-\

Herb, when you enter the camping area, we'll be by the concession building straight ahead, between the restrooms and the stand. Concession does not open, but we know how to pull power off of the building, which make it nice for several reasons. you'll really like this place as a camping destination. Really quiet at night, and lots of stuff going on all day.

Victor Salisbury said:
SteveJ. said:

Steve,
The restaurant is located at the end of a strip mall, so you should be ok with your rig? It's a rectangular parking lot with about 90'ish parking spots. 
Jim did say this restaurant stays busy, so you might want to arrive as early as possible to block , errr, secure a spot?  If not, we'll reserve you a section of the sidewalk,,,,,,,,, :-\

:great:

Thanks, Vic.

Post Daytona:

Also having down time at Al's.
Have serious problems with the bike.
After taking the complete fairing off then the main fairing bracket was easily seen as broken with upper half. Barely hanging together then in two pieces when removed. No wonder the damned fairing was shaking after even a moderate bump. Over severe bumps it was much worse.
The rear lower engine mount bolt was broken before Barber so we looked at that and  got some all thread thru it when noticing the both moded front engine mounting plates weer broken.
Wow I ain't going no wheer soon! .... After talking with NWAD and machinist Charlie Gary back home ho offered to machine the one off plates (steel this time) and I sent him the pdf and cnc program that Dan Bergman sent me.
So the initial concern of pulling the Leesure Lite tent trailer is no bid deal now.
Al Norcross SEAD has been supporting me at the events and now this at his home , his garage and his tools.
Thanks Al ,tho I may wear out the invitation!

Dan - man o man - I hope you get that mega-machine back together ASAP. Sounds like you have some solutions in the works.

Maybe I'll ride over on my way back to TN - not that I'll be of any help. . . Tell Al you're staying a while and having friends over :great:

Don - who you callin a slacker! Just because I live in a tent doesn't mean I've given up!

Thanks Fais!
Hey, we are both living large in tents right now LOL!
Hope to see you at Al's  on your way back.
I was hoping to be back on the road Thurs but that looks optomistic now.

Fais said:
Dan - man o man - I hope you get that mega-machine back together ASAP. Sounds like you have some solutions in the works.

Maybe I'll ride over on my way back to TN - not that I'll be of any help. . . Tell Al you're staying a while and having friends over :great:

Don - who you callin a slacker! Just because I live in a tent doesn't mean I've given up!

:beerchug:

Dan, it was a good time hanging out on the leesure-lite shade porch at the track. Enjoyed meeting and hanging with you and Fais and Roman. Hope your repairs are successful and your journey home safe and fulfilling.  Herb  :great:

Great spending time with you Herb. Good times!
Yeah, the tent trailer awning shade was a blessing!
Daytone was awesome!

SportyCon said:
Dan, it was a good time hanging out on the leesure-lite shade porch at the track. Enjoyed meeting and hanging with you and Fais and Roman. Hope your repairs are successful and your journey home safe and fulfilling.  Herb  :great: