• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Daytona ChiliFest

Are any of you guys going to be camping at Holiday this week? I haven't been before but am considering it so I can attend the flat track races early in the week at Volusia Speedway Park. BTW, I have signed up for the Chilifest. My first.

Herb,  the best camping IMO is right at the track. You don't have to travel far, or at all, for most everything Daytona. The flat track racing is now held just outside turn 1 & 2 at the track. The track is two years old, and I've watched it there the last two years. Eliminate your travel and traffic jams this way.
  Depending on how long you want to stay/camp, ping me for more info ffor the track camping option. Race ticket and camping is all in one. Easy Pesy.

I just signed up for the chili fest  :great:  This will be my first time so y'all be easy on the newbie  ::)  Looks like a big crowd planning on being there too  :beerchug:

Al, if you have one of those yellow ADHD  :D  shirts in XL bring it along 

If I don't get rid of this crud (respiratory), I'm gonna have to back out. Don't want to spread the joy!

SportyCon said:
Are any of you guys going to be camping at Holiday this week? I haven't been before but am considering it so I can attend the flat track races early in the week at Volusia Speedway Park. BTW, I have signed up for the Chilifest. My first.

Neither of my camping buddies could make it, otherwise we'd be at the Holiday Travel Park. Little more relaxed and stay away from the hustle, bustle and congestion junk around the track. Came up with alternate accommodations, so I'm here, ROK'n & rollin'  :great:
Biketoberfest, we'll definitely be setting up camp at Holiday Travel.

I'm thinking I'm a no show. I have company arriving Saturday from The Great White North, well, Minnesnowta. It will be a last minute thing, depending on their arrival time.

Have fun!

I think it might be worth my while to stop at the Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum in Titusville.
The Warbird Airshow is on this weekend, with lots of WW2 aircraft on display, as well as flying.  Might be nicer eye candy than
the 4000 Road Kings on Main St in Daytona.  ;D

Had 29 people sign in at the Chilifest at Jim and Pat's home. As usual- good food, fun meeting old friends and making new, and the weather was good. Doesn't get much better than that!

:72:                            Good seeing everyone!!!

Good food, good friends, good weather...  a win, win, win !!

Thanks again to Jim and Pat for puttin' together a great time!!