• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Daytona postponed

Cap'n Bob

Well the rain killed The Daytona 500 for yesterday (yes the cars). But they will run it today at noon (on fox). Of course. that's when most of us are at work!  :mad:  Maybe I can get home to see the end.  I had to set the DVR to record about twelve shows to make sure I can see the whole thing if I want to.  :))

Man, I'm tellin' you  :mad:

At least you didn’t have  tickets paid for,,,,,and drove 450+ miles for a NASCAR t-shirt and dinner at restaurant  :'(   

I wouldn’t hold my breath,  today’s forecast was actually worse than yesterdays actual weather…….  :(

I had some friends in the Daytona area I left my tickets with, hopefully someone can get some use out of them.

We were are bummin', this was my wifes first Daytona 500.  Maybe we'll get to the 400 this summer or Homestead,,,,,,, :(

I'm pretty certain they don't webcast them because of their TV contracts.  NASCAR is trying to market their product worldwide, not just here in the States.

Incidentally the new official start time is 7:02pm this evening.  Judging from the weather radar, it looks like they'll be able to start it then.  It'll be both the first delayed Daytona 500 and the first night race for that event.  I can't help but think that FOX is happier to air it in primetime than at noon.

Ranger Jim said:
Why can't they just put rain tires on them like the real racers motorcycle racers do? WIMPS! :p

BIG plus 1, even Formula 1 cars with over 1000 HP run in the rain, throw on some wipers and some threaded tires on the car and go !!! ;D

NASCAR is to auto racing as baseball is to ballgames.

1) Boring most of the time,
2) Running in circles counterclockwise
3) Won't play in the rain
4) Full of pretentious pretty boys

I would like to see the Vegas odds of a driver hitting a JET ENGINE on a caution lap. 

Way to go Pablo!  That's entertainment.  :wee_hee:

:confuse:

Mcfly said:
I would like to see the Vegas odds of a driver hitting a JET ENGINE on a caution lap. 

Way to go Pablo!  That's entertainment.  :wee_hee:

:confuse:

Yeah, I've never seen anything like this. What a bet that could have been. Here it is almost 11:30 (EST) and still under red flag. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.  :(

Bob,

The question is not "Will I get home in time to see it?"

It's "Can I stay up late enough to see the end?"... :))

Wild one for sure but I was getting so frustrated at all the freaking commercials. :mad:

Was happy to see Kenseth and Jr getting good finishes.

Used to be die hard Earnhardt/Earnhardt jr, but in the last few years it has been much nicer to watch the races for the race itself.

Nascar got boring when they stopped racing back to the caution. Its been downhill since. It made the first 3/4 of the race useless. I fear Nascar is going the same way as Indy Racing. Plus the cars all look the same and it is difficult to see specific cars in the pack. The rules change every year.  Plus people have given up on Dale Earnhardt Jr ever winning another race or title.