• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dead tpms sensor? I need some info...

Murph

Crotch Rocket
Industry Vendor
You have one laying around, or getting ready to change some out let me know..you can contact me here or send a text 270 322 8097

thanks

Murph

Last edited:
I replaced the batteries in the sensors of my 2009 when changing tires this past spring. The front works fine, but I get flat line for the rear. Possible that I did not get a good solder on the leads as I forgot to do a voltage check on the sensor side when done. Changing my tire again and will be sure to verify. It would not hurt to have a spare if one is available.

I have had to change the battery on both of my wheels plus both of my Son's wheels. If the battery is not soldered well, it will not work. If you short the battery out (even momentarily) while handling, it will either, not work or be dead again is short order. Being METICULOUS pays off on this job.

By the way, On the last one, I did not need to replace the tire so, I just broke the bead ON THE BIKE and was able to remove and replace the tpms unit that way. Lots less work.