• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Denver area rally attendees

notsluggo

Crotch Rocket
I will be trailering my bikes down to Cortez on Saturday.
If there is anything you would like for me to haul down for you, let me know.

Thanks for the offer Bill.

I don't have anything I need hauled, but can I hijack your thread since it has such a good title?

I am curious who around here is going and what your travel plans are. What day and time is everyone planning to leave? I am thinking early Sunday - probably before 5AM. I think I will repeat the route Bill defined for the Bruces when we went to Cedar City in 2013. Down to the Springs, across 115 to US 50. From there, to US 285 and onto breakfast in Saguache. Keep going on 285 to US 160. US 160 to Cortez.

Anyone else?

Rob Bruce  :)

Hi Rob,

I was thinking of doing 285 to 160 into Cortez but my departure time is more like 7-8 am. I cant check into the hotel until 3 pm so I didn't want to arrive too early. But I am up for compromise!    ;)

Brad Bruce

denver6 said:
I think I will repeat the route Bill defined for the Bruces when we went to Cedar City in 2013. Down to the Springs, across 115 to US 50. From there, to US 285 and onto breakfast in Saguache. Keep going on 285 to US 160. US 160 to Cortez.

Um, this isn't the route I plotted when we went to Cedar City....
We took 285 to 50, lunch in Gunnison, and then 50 into Montrose and then 550 S into Durango.
I know that being a Bruce can be confusing sometimes - and you've got a lot on your mind, but....

Sorry Bill - you are correct. That is the route you planned for us to take to Prescott, but then you could not make it. But we ended up taking that route anyway.

I'm so used to having you make plans, I even remember you being there! My mistake. But I liked that route a lot more than 285.

Hmmm.
I'm trying to decide now whether to take 285 to 160 or take I-25 to 160.
Per Google, the 285 route is shorter / quicker, but I don't know.  That'd be more time on two-lanes (though pulling the bikes, I'm sure I won't be passing anyone).

Hey notsluggo, thanks for the offer of lugging some of my gear, but I'm gonna try to keep it light.  Doesn't always work, but I can try.  Also 285 is a good road; pretty scenic and generally in good shape.  But I don't think I've been on the road between Salida and Monte Vista.

I'll be heading out Saturday to meet up with my brother somewhere in NM.  We'll arrive in Cortez late Sunday afternoon.

Hope to see you all there.