• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Deposit paid, picking her up on Thursday

ianintheusa

Training Wheels
Hello from NJ!
I just signed the paperwork for a brand spankin' new silver 2011 C14 w/ABS this afternoon and will be picking up the bike on Thursday.
I'm graduating from a Suzuki V-Strom (the 650 model) that I had for 3 years.  It was a good bike, but left a lot to be desired for the open road (poor wind protection). 
Before deciding on the C14 I've test ridden a Triumph Sprint GT (too cramped - I'm 6'2"), a BMW K1300GT (too expensive) and a Yamaha FJR 1300a (older technology).  It turns out the my new C14 seems to be my "Goldilocks" bike; just right!!

It was while I was surfing around on cycletrader.com that I saw my new bike for sale at Rizzon Cycles in Middlesex, NJ.  Rick offered me the C14 for $13,499 (before taxes) and $199 freight and prep.  It was an offer too good to pass up so I was over there this afternoon to put my signature next to the x!

I've heard fantastic reports about the bike, especially since Kawasaki tweaked the design for the 2010 model year.

Glad to be here!

Ian

Welcome from lower NY Ian! Your in a good area. We have get together's (meet & greets) quite often around here. I have one coming up on June 11th in Newburgh, NY. Feel free to come by and meet some folk!

Congrats on the new bike. I recently began added a silver 2011 to the garage next to my '98.

Welcome to the COG forums. As Bob mentioned, the northeast area has much to offer. Check out the online Calendar of Events, and join us at one or more club activities and see what we are all about. You may even decide to become a full member at some point (you can upgrade to a full membership online).

Don't forget... In August the COG National Rally is being held in West Dover, Vermont. We are expecting a large attendance and you will be able to meet many new COG friends.

Welcome Ian!! Congratulations on your new powerhouse steed, I sure am envious! Be sure to attend one of Bob's meet and greet's,
his crowd has some great folks! We're also having one this Sunday in South Jersey (it's on the calender) in Southampton. Stop in if you're
riding around putting on some 'break in' miles! There's a member heading down from Brunswick also..

Cool, very cool.  Take good care of it.  There are a lot of us C10 riders looking to move up in a couple years :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. 

Can anyone suggest a good bike cover for the C14?  My bike's going to spending some time out of the garage this summer and I'm after a cover to keep out the worst of the weather.  I've previously had a Nelson-Rigg cover for my V-Strom, does anyone know what size fits the C14 incuding the side-cases?  Thanks
Ian

There's a lot of good covers. Dowco comes to mind. Since your leaving the bags on get one to fit a tour bike!

^-^
Congratulations on your new ride.  I hope you will join in and become an active part of the Garden State COG contingent.  Do you live North or South of the Raritan? 

As Cap'n Bob mentioned there is a Meet & Greet in Newburgh this Saturday that I highly recommend attending.  It will give you a good chance to meet a number of COGgers from the tri-state area.  Just don't let Cap'n Bob get too close to your KiPASS.  He has been known to have an adverse effect on them.  :D 
Unfortunately due to family matters I have to miss this Meet & Greet spoiling my perfect attendance record.  :'( 
Hopefully we will get a chance to meet soon.  :)

COG-528 said:
Do you live North or South of the Raritan? 

I'm north NJ, in Morris Co.  I'd love to join in the meet and greet in newburgh, but work is interfering with this weekend, and just about every weekend until early September  :(

Well having to work weekends is tough.  May be you can find some time to attend the big Northeast COG events this summer.  They are the at Mt Snow, Vermont August 8-12 and the Northeast Fall Foliage Rally in Lake George September 22-25.  Both should be wicked good times.