• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Devil's Cut 2023

I am a new Concours owner, and fairly new to Tucson as well. What is the schedule for this event? Are there Group Rides? Is there a planned ride from Tucson out to the event? Other owners events I have been to had schedules with show and shine, drives, meals, and other excursions all planned out. I am curious about what to expect. Thank you. Tony

What about Thursday Evening in Prescott?
There was a post in the Facebook Group saying that the Tucson owners would ride up to Prescott on Thursday. I am not sure who, or how many, but that was posted in reply to me asking for more information about the event.

I just reserved my room for the event.
Can someone confirm that the Tucson people are staying at the Day's Inn on White Spar in Prescott?

I am a new Concours owner, and fairly new to Tucson as well. What is the schedule for this event? Are there Group Rides? Is there a planned ride from Tucson out to the event? Other owners events I have been to had schedules with show and shine, drives, meals, and other excursions all planned out. I am curious about what to expect. Thank you. Tony
Tony, glad you're gonna come out and ride with us. Yes, the Days Inn is the one south of Prescott on White Spar. I may go straight to Springerville from Casa Grande, still kickn' Prescott around this year. The ride to the rally is not planned unless you hook up with some people here and plan for it. The scheduled ride for Saturday is the loop down the Devil's HWY and up through NM, or some go the other way NM up the Devil's HWY. If you want to push it you ride with the crew that goes down the Devil's HWY turns around and goes back up(Good Times). Some how most of us find our way to meet up at PJ's in Clifton for lunch. This is my second favorite ride in AZ, first being the ride from Prescott to Jerome. It does not matter how you ride, we all ride our own ride. Pizza and parking lot stories Saturday most years.

Last edited:
Tony, glad you're gonna come out and ride with us. Yes, the Days Inn is the one south of Prescott on White Spar. I may go straight to Springerville from Casa Grande, still kickn' Prescott around this year. The ride to the rally is not planned unless you hook up with some people here and plan for it. The scheduled ride for Saturday is the loop down the Devil's HWY and up through NM, or some go the other way NM up the Devil's HWY. If you want to push it you ride with the crew that goes down the Devil's HWY turns around and goes back up(Good Times). Some how most of us find our way to meet up at PJ's in Clifton for lunch. This is my second favorite ride in AZ, first being the ride from Prescott to Jerome. It does not matter how you ride, we all ride our own ride. Pizza and parking lot stories Saturday most years.
Thank you for the reply! I would like to get in touch with the greater Tucson area people and help coordinate the Prescott ride. Is there an email list, or list of members here that I can PM? How do you all reach each other?

The clarification on the Saturday ride is very helpful. Choices, choices! I want to say that I will ride with the down and back up group, but since I have never been on that road I might join one of the other groups. I don't want to be "that guy" on my first Concours weekend.

I went ahead and booked the Days Inn on White spar road as we have stayed there before.
yes, it is at the Days Inn 928-460-5929 on White Spar road in Prescott for Thursday 9/28. I was trying to get a group rate but now it's a minimum of 10 rooms and we usually have 7-8 rooms. They do accept AAA, AARP etc or if your a Wyndam member for discounts.

I will be booking my room tomorrow.
Who is riding from Tucson to Prescott? I would really like to ride with at least one other person. Thank you!

I'm not going to make it to Prescott this year. That four letter word, WORK, is taking up more of my time than I care for. I can't keep up with you retired guys. :(

I still need to get the Veteran's day ride nailed down, but I am having the same problem as Dan, the hotels are not giving any group rates for smaller groups. You will find a better deal on Expedia or trivago. I will work on that before the weekend and I am going to call Reed's tomorrow to book for Friday and Saturday in Springerville.

See y'all in a few weeks,

Weather looks like it's going to be good again.
Nice! I looked two days ago and there were high winds predicted for both Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully that is no longer in the forecast. I will say that the C14 really handles the wind well. My GTS 1000 was terrible in the wind, and riding on the highway with a cross wind was super sketchy!

Hi gang - I was planning to attend this weekend but have come home sick from a funeral in the Midwest and won't be riding for a bit. I just released a room at Reed's if anyone was still looking for one. I'll be out of town for the Veteran's Day ride so I guess I will see folks next year.

Made it home! Thank you to everyone! Especially to Dan for organizing!
I hope to get some video processed this coming week. I will do it as I have time. Going to be a big work week as I am leaving next Saturday to ride the Pacific Coast Highway, so 2 weeks of work have to happen this week!