• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

DFW Area - Sunday, January 22nd

dalroo

Road Bike
Ricky Bobby and I have been talking about riding this Sunday. Weather permitting, I am gonna be out and about. Don't care when, or where. Suggestions? Ricky? Others?

Well, the forecast was correct. Actually was about 77 as I was heading home. Unfortunately the weatherman also predicted strong, gusty winds. Again - ACCURATE!

It was a bit gusty as we headed north out of Roanoke, but became very irritating  :mad:once we turned n/nw into the headwind. We rode about 50 or so miles out and decided this was a bit ridiculous. Sudden 40 mph crosswinds will certainly get your attention as you are in the apex of a turn! We turned east and got the wind at our backs for the most part, but as a result we still had the ride back heading southwest. Huge dust storm was approaching as I got back home.

Other than the wind, great roads and a great riding partner. Even with galeforce winds, I logged just shy of 180 miles, so not all bad!

I hope more can join us for the next one, and the weather cooperates.

I am glad you guys got out and enjoyed.  I took of early from work Friday and had a great ride around.