• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans (motorcycle specific jeans)

Sininja

I got over 500 miles on these now so I'm comfortable writing a review. 

Fit/sizing is spot on for me, order like you would your Levi's.  Quality is very good.  Nice stitching, cut and layout of the Kevlar patches is great.  Really good heavy denim weight.  I like the thoughtful features like the thigh pocket pivoted towards the front and built in key ring.  And price was pretty good, I got them on sale for around $100 and they are made in Kentucky I believe so that's a bonus. 

Most people seem to complain about Kevlar riding jeans being warm, and to an extent I agree.  They are definitely warmer than my usual work jeans I commute with during the week but I've used them in warm humid weather and it was a non issue as far as being hot. 

In a way it's hard to give too good of a review on something like this without actually going down and seeing how the Kevlar patches hold up etc. but these are some really nice well put together jeans.  I wouldn't hesitate to order them if your someone who rides exclusively in just jeans.  Especially if you wear some kind of padded base layer like Bohn Armor. 

I also just picked up some Aerostich Combat Lite Boots while at their open house last weekend, along with ordering a new R3 suit :)  I'm still breaking in the boots but so far they are absolutely awesome!  Suit won't be done until July so reviews for both coming soon!

i bought a pair at the lynchburg store, ridden in them for 3 years now, they are best quality jeans, comfortable after a few washings and dont bind certain areas, the gusset works.  havent crash tested the kevlar and dont wish to.

Just bought my 2nd pair of Diamond Gusset Defender Jeans.  Love them!!!  They also make regular jeans that wear great and feel good. The owner has a outlet store just off I40 West exit 172 a little way out of Nashville,Tenn.  :motonoises: