• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Did about 700 Miles this weekend.

Bobby M

Training Wheels
I just got back from a nice weekend in the Texas hill country. My 2009 C14 ran superb, and handled great. My only complains are the seat and the HEAT!!! Did they test this bike before releasing it to the public? Maybe they were riding it in sub zero temps? (I know, I know... j/k)
I need to get a seat that don't lean me towards the tank, and figure out a way to insulate the cowl so my legs don't get cooked again.

I know I'm not the only one that has the heat problem... What, if anything, is being done to keep the heat off your legs?

Gratz on the new ride and i have felt the heat ... it is welcomed in the cooler temps, not so much in the warmer weather.
but i dont feel it is any different than my 2002 750 Nighthawk was or much worse than my DRz.

i guess with all the other awesome things with this bike i have decided the little heat isnt so bad.  :)

Great job, we did 250 miles from Houston to the Sam Houston state forest and I was wore out, the heat was unreal, I was glad to stop!!!

700 miles is a good weekend indeed! But I don't usually use my seats heated option this time of year!  :)) Only kidding. The OEM seat did really suck!

I only rode on Saturday. But I managed to get over 400 miles. But a good portion of that was slab trying to get home after a long day! So my mileage is tainted!  ::)

Can't help with the seat issue since I still haven't taken the time to do anything about mine yet.  For the heat on the foot/shin I use these..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Concours-14-GTR-1400-Heat-Shields-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ270753506061QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They don't stop the the bike from generating heat just keeps the heat from making your feet/shins toasty.  They work well and I've felt a noticeable difference while riding.  In stopped traffic you will suffer like everyone else straddling an engine.  They are made by a person on the zg/gtr forum called Zteve.  Pretty clever idea I think anyway.

I did 50 miles yesterday on my Vulcan 900 to try to vibrate free a couple of kidney stones and it was brutal (the bike that is, maybe to stones too!).  On the other hand, I did 968 miles going back and forth to the NE Rally on the C14 a few weeks ago and could easily have done more. 

Tactical_Mik said:
Can't help with the seat issue since I still haven't taken the time to do anything about mine yet.  For the heat on the foot/shin I use these..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Concours-14-GTR-1400-Heat-Shields-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ270753506061QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They don't stop the the bike from generating heat just keeps the heat from making your feet/shins toasty.  They work well and I've felt a noticeable difference while riding.  In stopped traffic you will suffer like everyone else straddling an engine.  They are made by a person on the zg/gtr forum called Zteve.  Pretty clever idea I think anyway.

Thanks for the link.... I orderd a set. I'll post an update when I get them on.