• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Digital Concourier

Shoegoo

Maybe I've missed it, but has any thought been given to a digital edition of the Concourier? I have a number of subscriptions the I have converted to digital downloads. It sure beats having old magazines stacked up that I eventually have to throw away.

Depending on the volume it might save COG some money on printing and mailing costs.  :motonoises:

Older copies, one issue or more old I think, are put into the library online.  There are many issues there now.  Click on the big gear logo at top to go to cogmos, log in and seek out the Library.

Yes there are. But the most current issue of both the Concourier and news letters always take a little while to get into the system.

Correction, the last issue in the archives is Summer 2010. SO were just a little behind. But you can get to the issues in the library by going into the Cogmos member area. In that menu, the library. Then Concourier archives. Then enjoy the older issues.

As has been mentioned, past issues are archived and available online to full COG members. Moving to a solely digital edition has been kicked around. There are still too many people who are internet impaired or who want a physical copy to bring into the "reading room."  Offering a choice of digital edition or printed is in the queue to be looked at by club officers, and it is yet undetermined if this is feasible or not. Maybe a poll is in order.

And for my two cents, please keep sending it as a magazine.  I like being able to take it with me on the road when I travel. Not a lot to read in a hotel room.

Cap'n Bob said:
Correction, the last issue in the archives is Summer 2010. SO were just a little behind. But you can get to the issues in the library by going into the Cogmos member area. In that menu, the library. Then Concourier archives. Then enjoy the older issues.

I have just uploaded 2010 Fall and Winter and the Spring 2011 issues to the library.
It look me forever as I had to re-size them and my version of Acrobat does not like the version Calvin uses.
Anyhow that's my problem not yours! LoL

I agree I like the paper version too.

Colin

WillyP said:
I agree. I like the paper version.

Me too. I'm a paper kind of guy also. For both the Concourier and the NE news letter. I also like to take it with me on the go. But it's nice to go back to old issues in the archives when needed.

Gerry B? said:
And for my two cents, please keep sending it as a magazine.  I like being able to take it with me on the road when I travel. Not a lot to read in a hotel room.

Get yourself a tablet and you can take all of them with you in digital format. Then you can read yourself to sleep every night in your motel room. And even keep up with the forum.  ;)

Shoe said:
Gerry B? said:

Get yourself a tablet and you can take all of them with you in digital format. Then you can read yourself to sleep every night in your motel room. And even keep up with the forum.  ;)

Just one more thing to carry, maintain and worry about.  I personally do not like digital format. I like to hold a book or magazine. Reading tablets just seem cold to me.

I share my Concourier with some friends. Can't do that with a tablet. Same problem with the Kindle. I have a friend who likes the same sort of books I like but unless I give her my Kindle, sharing books doesn't work! It's nice to have the archived ones available though so I don't have to keep the hard copies laying around.

Eddie