• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

diy sargent seat covers

mellow yellow

Street Cruiser
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I just found out that sargent has a diy seat cover for $59.95 this might be an option for the frugal inclined.

Question about these covers, I have a Corbin seat, will they fit it? I sent an email to them but no answer yet.......

Yah,, I'm interested too.,
Do they have a cover that would fit a Corbin?
NOTE: On my Old Corbin the step is closer to the Front. Gives me more back support and thw wife has more room.... So the step for a stock seat cover would not be at the correct location.

Ride safe, Ted

No they do not have a cover for it but they said they could do a custom one and I never asked for a quote on that.

I talked to Corbin and a recover job is $349. Only $100 savings over the cost of a new one. Sargent wants right at $300. Going to a local shop to see what they can do. I had a HD seat done years ago with good results.

I recently had my '86 seat recovered with the Sargent DIY seat cover.  I sent the seat to Spencer (http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php) to be modified and sent to new cover along with the seat.  He modded the seat and installed the new cover.

Cost:
Seat Cover: $59.95 + s/h
Mod: $90 + s/h ($75 + $15 long distance upgrade)

After the cost of shipping the seat to/from Florida it was still less than $200 and the seat looks and feels awesome!  I highly recommend the Sargent cover and Spencer's seat mod