• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dropped 'er

matter57

Moped
Central Oregon is well known to be off kilter but I went anyway.  Pulled off on the gravelly shoulder and put my right foot down to the sloping edge.  One fraction of an inch past TDC and we began going over.  Nothing to do but be unforgivably angry with myself.  :-[ Didn't do much damage but it pissed me off no end.  Shoulda bought those Canyon Cages.  Lucky for me I had a buddy help me lift the bike up.  Don't think I could have done it myself on a slight incline.  Connie Droppers is not a club I wanted to join but there it is.  NOW I will get the Canyon Cages....

So sorry to hear you dropped her; glad the damage was minor and that you weren't hurt.  And at least you didn't have the Canyon Cages sitting on a shelf in the garage waiting to be installed - you'd be amazed at how often I hear that story.

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 519th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:

0515 C10 John Toporowski
0516 C14 Todd Everetts
0517 C10 Michael Spickelmier
0518 C14 Gerard Salmon
0519 C14 Matt Guss

ChipDoc said:
So sorry to hear you dropped her; glad the damage was minor and that you weren't hurt.  And at least you didn't have the Canyon Cages sitting on a shelf in the garage waiting to be installed - you'd be amazed at how often I hear that story.

And so it has now become my sad duty to confirm you as the 519th recipient of the uncoveted Connie Droppers Anonymous Award.  You have another tale to share around a Rally campfire.  My sincerest condolences!

The five most recent unfortunates:

0515 C10 John Toporowski
0516 C14 Todd Everetts
0517 C10 Michael Spickelmier
0518 C14 Gerard Salmon
0519 C14 Matt Guss

I have a number instead of a name.... :great:

Where is the anonymity in CDA anyway? This forum area should be renamed to CDNA. "Connie Droppers Non-Anonymous" ;-)