• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dropped poor Constanza

Mortech

Street Cruiser
After 3 months of ownership I did it , dropped her . In a Starbucks parking lot no less . I was on a long ride with a female friend and she needed to use a restroom and directed me to a local Starbucks so she could go , got her off the bike at the door and proceded to a nearby stall . Wouldn't you know it as I came to almost a complete stopped the dreaded pant cuff hangup bit me , as I went to put my right leg down my riding pants promptly got hung up on the foot peg and before I could get it loose down she went . Fortunately I did get my foot down soon enough to ease her down . Ended up with only a slight scuff on the mirror and saddle bag . ::)

I've had two near misses from my riding pants' leg catching the sidestand's heel piece and pulling the sidestand back up after I have already deployed it.  Just about broke my back to keep her off the ground.  Now, I put the kickstand down, and move my leg away before I even think about leaning the bike over. 

Glad yours had a soft landing.