• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dunlop American Elite

beaucephus

Scooter
I went through a Shinko 777, and it seemed to work OK.  I called around to see what I could find local and a buddy's shop had a Dunlop American Elite.  It had the same specs as the 777, so I took a gamble.  Anyone else try this tire? 

I have a set on my 2000 now.  Didn't have much choice on the front tire-picked up a nail 800 miles from home.  The only front tire the dealer had in stock was an American Elite in 130/70.  I said do it, I've run that size before w/o any problems.  After getting home, I discovered the rear in the stock size, so I gladly swapped out the Pirelli Sport Demon-poor South American Quality Control.
The American Elites now have abut 15,000 miles on them and look like they'll easily break 20.  No complaints with ride, handling, or traction.  I don't usually replace tires with the same ones on general principle, but I just might this time.