• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dunlop Q3+s...your results may vary.

mnofpeace

Scooter
For the past two years, everything ive read, and any vendor i have bought from or just asked has said the same line...
"the Q3+s will ONLY last you about 5000 miles on a Concours 14..." as if they were reading from a script or something.

well, as the saying goes, your personal results MAY vary...

Since my 09 C14 and my 07 ZX10r trackbike both run on 190/50 (or 55) rears, i decided to try something...buying two sets of Q3+s front/rear, one for the C14, and the other for the ZX for the track this year...and swap them out next spring for whatever i get for next season.  That way i have a set of Q3+s with only about 500 miles on them to go from the supersport over to the connie...tires for the next year or two or more i thought...

well...the Q3+s that ive ridden on this summer are just fine...stick better than anything any sport tourer will need, super smooth, great feedback, and after 5500 miles of riding everyday, commuting, fun runs, sunday morning runs, etc, these things arent squaring off, look barely worn, and should last me well into next season.  And yes, i still have about half an inch of 'chicken' strips on each side as well...its whatever, im not dragging any knees on the street.

So dont let anybody tell you you can ONLY do thus and so...

...how about DEM apples?!?!?!    :nananana:

I concur. I had a set of Q3's off my 05 ZX-10 that looked like about 50% life left after a few TD's and spirited riding when I switched over to Michelin Power RS to evaluate. When I wore out the stock Stones I threw them on the C-14 cuz hey, they stick and handle great! I rode and rode and kept thinking they would square off or get thin fast but I got another 2750 miles out of them and really felt good even when dragging toes.

The Power RS are wearing terrifically as well and have been a great tire, so I may decide to put either of them on again to the Fat Neenja. I am just a couple of thousand miles into the Roadsmart III's, and no complaints, so it may be 10K more miles before I decide. Thanks for the report.

"Best Tire Thread of the Year."  Hope more input like above.

My favored tire is no longer imported, so all ears...