• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dunlop Roadsmart 3 pricing

nickrides

Hi Gents
Being lazy here I could surf around and look but I thought i'd just ask
Who has the best price on these tires right now?
I need a set real soon
Best regards
Nick Kennedy

Fine..i"ll enable your laziness. I shopped 6 of the main sites. Amazon, Chapparal, Bike Bandit, Revzilla, Dennis Kirk, Discount M/C Tires .com

Amazon was cheapest and quickest. A couple more were same or very close but not sure of timing.

So I got them in 3 days, mounted them, and have about 60 miles on them. (3 trips to work and back and one spin through my favorite chicane close to home.) So far so good, they feel nice, the bike turns in better getting off worn mis matched tires and the 55 profile rear and seems to stand up less under trail braking.

Will only get a few  more miles  next week before leaving for 4 days of some serious corners at the Ride The Ribbon Rally and then I will get a full report on how they perform. I am not really worried about mileage, but expect over 6K. I had put on some 60% shagged Dunlop Q3's taken off from my ZX-10 and loved how it felt with those on...but the rear went pretty fast to cords and the front eventually cupped what was left.

Got those RoadSmart 3 installed today
Got them balanced up real nice
Rode home 70 miles on some high speed corners and they are great, smooth!!
Curious to  see how far they go.
My old tires were Michelin Pilot 4's and they went about 6500, not too bad
Rode em until they were finished and at the end in the slow speed corners it took a lot of countersteering to turn..

I have to agree. I had the PR4 GT and they just didn't like to turn. They were ok with grip, but since intsalling my RS3 I haven't looked back. I have about 5k on them now and you can barely see wear - no cupping either. It's an awesome tire. I think most people have a hard time accepting that since the RS2 wasn't near as good a tire.

Mine performed very well over the 800+ miles, many of them in high speed twisties to and from the Ride the Ribbon gathering. They feel very good when leaned over and inspire confidence. We are getting wet weather today so I may get to see how they perform in some good rain.