• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dunlop Roadsmart 3

Scooter Trash

Hi all, not trying to get into a tire debate but, just curious who has tried the Roadsmart 3. What is your honest opinion and experience in regards to longevity and traction in all conditions? If you have ran Roadsmart 2s, how does the 3s compare? Thanks!

Was a little disappointed to see that no one had replied to this post as I am thinking of ordering up a set. ::)  Was hoping not to be the first one-lol.

Fred
Wa2gzw

I havnt tried them; however, a co-worker swears by them.  He has a 2005 Fjr with 200k on it.  He runs the 2's and the 3's.  He gets about 12-14k on the rears.  His riding is freeway and has about a 140 mile round trip, 4 days a week.  Furthermore, the motor cops at my department ride BMW rt1200's.  Half the fleet has the Michelins road pilots and the other half has the Dunlops road smart III.  The guys like the road smarts better, say they hold the road better in the rain/wet weather and overall performance is better.  I will purchase the Dunlops when I wear out the stockers on my 2017 Connie

Lurch71 said:
Furthermore, the motor cops at my department ride BMW rt1200's.  Half the fleet has the Michelins road pilots and the other half has the Dunlops road smart III.  The guys like the road smarts better, say they hold the road better in the rain/wet weather and overall performance is better. 

Good info.  But, I'm about to load another set of already purchased tires.

i put on a set last june for a 2700 mile trip to Oregon.I must say that they performed well and i am a fan.I was running t30 gt's before which i liked but these seem to ride quieter and are wearing nicely.

I'm intrigued.  I think I might give these a try after I wear out my Metzler Sportec M7s. I do wish they came in a 200/55, I'm liking that size for the rear.

Lurch71 said:
I havnt tried them; however, a co-worker swears by them.  He has a 2005 Fjr with 200k on it.  He runs the 2's and the 3's.  He gets about 12-14k on the rears.  His riding is freeway and has about a 140 mile round trip, 4 days a week.  Furthermore, the motor cops at my department ride BMW rt1200's.  Half the fleet has the Michelins road pilots and the other half has the Dunlops road smart III.  The guys like the road smarts better, say they hold the road better in the rain/wet weather and overall performance is better.  I will purchase the Dunlops when I wear out the stockers on my 2017 Connie

thanks... great info

Hi,
      Psssst....Angel GT's (Spec A's!) ;D >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• tumblr_onj8k480wW1v1gz89o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_onj8k480wW1v1gz89o1_500.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 176
Two years ago, my brother had an "almost" incident regarding the Roadsmart.  We had just finished a 400 mile day of 80-90mph, on flat slab.  When we got less than 2 miles from his house, we discovered an aneurysm (a bubble) in the front tire approx. 4inx2in. This on a tire with less than 1500 miles on it. Dunlop was gracious in giving us a new tire, but as a result of this close call, I stay away from the Roadsmart.

seagiant1 said:
Hi,
Ya what he said. They don't last to long but they stick like glue. I'd rather have traction than longevity any day. Don't even want to try anything else. 190/55/17 'A' specs. Real confidence inspiring.  :)  Constantly scraping my pegs. LOVE EM !!!

Mark said:
seagiant1 said:
Hi,
Ya what he said. They don't last to long but they stick like glue. I'd rather have traction than longevity any day. Don't even want to try anything else. 190/55/17 'A' specs. Real confidence inspiring.  :)  Constantly scraping my pegs. LOVE EM !!!
The Angel GTs are the best! I've gotten as much as 12000 on the rear and 8000 on the front!

I have 1,500 miles on a set and LOVE them.  It made a huge improvement in my confidence in the bike, turn-in is what I had hoped for with the PR4s (The Michelins always felt like you have to overcome some invisible ridge to start turning, the Dunlops are different).  Only complaint is that I get less of an adrenalin rush because I'm not worried in deep corners, these things just go where you want.

It looks like Jake Wilsons has the Roadsmart III with a $100 rebate.  looks like a set for the C14 is $314 so $214 after the rebate.  Heck, I may pickup a set and have them in the garage for when these roadtec 01's finally give out.

Giant81 Lloyd in Apple Valley just spooned on a set for $271, so after rebate it was only 171 :-\ plus labor

sininja said:
Giant81 Lloyd in Apple Valley just spooned on a set for $271, so after rebate it was only 171 :-\ plus labor

now I'm jealous, I just bought a roadtec 01 rear for more than that, and spooned it on myself.  :mad:

added some Jake Bucks and mine are 203 shipped. I have tried the Pirelli GT's (love them, wear out too fast) the PR4's...hated them took them off! 3 sets of the Avons' 3DXM's, great tire and last 6K miles but want to try the Dunlops and then the Metzelers just for comparisons sake.