• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dyna Beads and Avon Tires?

Chris Baum

COG Nation, I have a couple of questions for your imput! As I prepare the bike for COG Nationals in Wisconsin. 1. I just purchase some new Avon tires for my 1986 Concours. Front: Avon Strom Ultra 2 110/80 ZR18 Rear: Avon Azaro 150/80 ZR16 What can I expect for wear and is there any issues I should be aware with Avons? 2. Dyna Beads The shop that is going to install the tires suggest I use Dyna Beads instead of the traditonal weight on the rims. Does anybody have any experience using Dyna Beads in the tires with Avons? Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Chris: I use Avon tires and put UltraSeal in them. Here is a link to a earlier messages on them; http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/mboards/viewmessages.cfm?clubID=1328&Forum=1124&Topic=18566&keywords=Ultraseal My local source is no longer carrying it, so I bought a gallon from the company. It was $50.00 with the items needed to install it and they paid the shipping. A gallon will accommodate about 4 connies. Only change was that they now say to balance the wheel before installing it. I assume someone with a tire well out of balance had some bad feedback for them, thus the change in installation. As for how well it works, I've never been stranded on the road with a flat and I have ridden on a tire with a rather large gash for over two weeks without a problem one. hth, tcars John