• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dyno Run: PCV- Flies Out - Leo Vince Slip On

Trex1200r

Training Wheels
Just thought I would post my dyno run.  The before and after is strictly the tune.  The PCV came with a map from Jamie at fuel moto. 

Elevation 5500'
Flies Out
PCV
Leo Vince Slip-On with quiet insert

Jamie's map was actually pretty darn close, even produced a little more power through most of the curve.  I did get a nice 5 hp bump on top though with the custom tune.  Torque curve before and after is nice and flat.  I love the Leo Vince.  Super quiet, looks good, weighs nothing.  I have read quite a few posts of people putting out 150hp, so either the Leo doesn't give you the free flow performance like some other options, or the discrepancy is just a factor of elevation. 
TREX

Attachments

• C14Dynorun.jpg
    C14Dynorun.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Leo 004.jpg
    Leo 004.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 139
No offense, but I would rather have the stock curve.  You lost HP and torque everywhere below 6500 RPM.  The pick up up top is nice, though.

The bike sure didn't feel any slower on the ride home, and with traffic, never even tried the top end.  Maybe my lighter wallet offset the missing ponies ;)

Did you see this formula?  To be more specific, it is a formula for horsepower loss at elevation?  http://www.wallaceracing.com/braking-hp.php

We give up a lot of power to live in these high elevations.

jasonc32amg said:
Have you tried it without the insert? 
I have always had the quiet insert in.    One of the things I really like about the Concours is its quiet, effortless speed.  Fast without even trying.   

rcannon409 said:
Did you see this formula?  To be more specific, it is a formula for horsepower loss at elevation?
Thanks for the HP calculator. So when you are going over trail ridge road it looks like you lose about 55 hp.  Sounds like a valid excuse to get a turbo! 

dynotronics1 said:
you are leaving a bunch on the table based on that chart.

I thought the point off the dyno was to make sure you are keeping your AF fuel mixture as close to ideal as possible.  I thought they did a pretty good job of that.  Are you saying they should be adding more fuel and run it a little richer?

I understand your desire for a quiet back but I've seen other tests with slip-ons that put out less hp than stock with "quiet inserts". I'm just curious what the increase would be if it were allowed to flow a bit better.

Trex1200r said:
jasonc32amg said:
I have always had the quiet insert in.    One of the things I really like about the Concours is its quiet, effortless speed.  Fast without even trying.   

rcannon409 said:
Did you see this formula?  To be more specific, it is a formula for horsepower loss at elevation?
Thanks for the HP calculator. So when you are going over trail ridge road it looks like you lose about 55 hp.  Sounds like a valid excuse to get a turbo! 

dynotronics1 said:

I thought the point off the dyno was to make sure you are keeping your AF fuel mixture as close to ideal as possible.  I thought they did a pretty good job of that.  Are you saying they should be adding more fuel and run it a little richer?

Trex1200r said:
jasonc32amg said:

rcannon409 said:

dynotronics1 said:

well yes, but thats no where near a good fuel curve for a wot run

I'm currently not so wound up about increasing the HP or torque (yet!), but am very interested in replacing the bazooka with a slipon exhaust. What's your opinion of the Leo Vince? I want something more attractive with a little bit more "voice", but I surely don't want something real loud. Quick and relatively quiet works for me.

My other exhaust for consideration is a CS One with the quiet insert. I wonder how the two compare.

O won the Leo slip on as well. I have not owned anything else, so a comparison is impossible.  The sound has some personality, but it is not loud (with insert). Fit and finish are excellent.  If the insert is out, its probably a little loud.