• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Eastern Ontario

sailor_rich

I'm planning on a ride up to Calabogie on April 26th or 27th, Lunch at Mumford's  the corner of 511 and 508. Then a ride up to Grifith and a loop up the Fomount rd 512, 515  514 and down 28 East to Debigh.

If anyone is interested and the weather decent.

What's your route to Mumfords?  Perth? Smiths Falls?

I'd certainly come if I can swing the schedule, but could save myself a  couple hours on the day if I joined you in Griffith rather than Calabogie...  Though the road between Kingston and Calabogie is fun, hmmm...

It's a little too far out to commit (two weeks? I'm not even sure what I'm doing after Tuesday...) but I'm interested...

Jamie

I usually run up through perth Jamie but everything is open to sugestion. Could even do a westport meet and pass Perth to Lanark.

Sunday is looking good for weather. I ran the roads today and there looking pretty good. Thinking about a 12:00 meet time at the Pine Valley Restaurant for Lunch. Griffith on Hwy 41.

Rich;

I'm really disappointed.  Winter finally ends, and I won't be able to go on Sunday.  I seem to have had a streak of bad luck...  If I was superstitious and paranoid, I'd say the fates don't want me to ride...

I got a nail in my front tire - noticed it dropped about 9 lbs of pressure - (I topped it up and I rode to the dealer where we found the nail...  Dropped another 6  lbs on the 5 minute ride there...)  Is it just my local dealer, or do none of them plug flat tires?  I ended up doing it myself in the parking lot.  Maybe a liability thing...    ::)

Put a plug in it (rope type) but didn't have much hope since it was right on the edge where the tread meets the sidewall...  Now it leaks slowly (2 or 3 pounds a day) and I'm restricting my riding to absolute minimum (i.e. between house and dealership) until I replace it.    :(

Long story short - PR4's should be in Monday/Tuesday for install...    :great:

However, next week is looking better and better in the forecast...

Jamie

No worries, I have a set coming as well and new front pads. We'll figure something out.

We'll put this on hold for this weekend . 

Canceled

The boys are taking mom and me out to dinner Saturday night :beerchug:. That means I am free to hit the road on Sunday :nananana:
Anyone else in NNY or Eastern Ontario available to ride?? :motonoises:

I can do that one Bob What do you have in mind.

Ken and I are planning a ride tomorrow from Brockville Ontario. It's a last minute thing. 0830 at the Ultramar service station North on Stewart Blvd by the Home hardware.

Just a big old fashion thanks to Bob Hostetter for the great tour of Northern NY state today. Great back roads, twists and turns. I've never seen a 5mph road sign before. Here in Canada those are stop signs due to most rolling through them. If your ever looking for a guided tour of northern area Bob's your guy.

Great day Bob thanks again!