• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Emergency Contact Information

colinp386

Dear All "Especially those who attend COG Rallies"    I have just added 3 new fields to the COG Member Database.  Emergency Contact:      - Name      - Tel. Number      - Relationship    This information is NOT published in the Membership Directory but IS available to the organizers of Events.    Please can you fill in your Emergency Contact information as you feel fit.    Many thanks in advance.   

Thank you. Great idea! At a recent camping weekend/ride we hosted, I hand drew in a column on the waiver and had everyone list an emergency contact number. Greg H from Mass, Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude COG# 7010,a Tracey CDA 120 (2.0) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle", 05 Ninja 250
2211123920053849446TvPbOP_th.jpg
6n2c6z

Good idea, I have updated mine. Steve K. '02 Concours 'Locomotive Breath' COG# 6550 AMA# 965469 'No matter where you go, there you are...'
2822107220014238429Coipiz_th.jpg
2901812650014238429UfVKJm_th.jpg

:) ---------------------------------- South Central Area Director Email scad@cog-online.org
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Great idea Colin,,I added mine. CT AAD COG #7011-A 2003 Concours-Mary Ann 1995 Honda Nighthawk 750 wifes
2404055870098914013eWgtrD_th.jpg
2032479400098914013vMhfsR_th.jpg

Great idea... one less form to have to fill out at rallies. I updated my info. -- Steve Smith, COG #3184 COG Northeast Area Director (somewhere in south central CT)
larryline.gif
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Another good idea for those who do not already do this is to have an ICE Information Card on your person. The MTF makes laminated cards available for free to members (just post to the forum to become one) and there are also ICE cards available from some of the retailers. I have a laminated card, and took the added time to make a "dogtag" at Wal Mart. They're also available at Pet Stores and will take up to four lines. I have name, blood type, medications, and allergies and ICE Contact information on mine and wear it on a tether around my neck when riding. I also have ICE cards I place in my jacket pocket and map pocket in the tank bag in case if needed emergency personnel can find them easily. Of course most folks should know by now to have "ICE contacts in their cell phones also. Any information you can provide to first responders is time saved in saving your life.

I was going to post how this has been around for a while, since I did mine a long time ago. Then I just noticed the date of the posts. But It's still a very good idea in case of emergency. It could help to notify your loved one if something bad should happen. Hopefully it will never be needed. But it's still a good idea!

Bob

Bob Young said:
Colin:
Good idea, but I must have missed some thing along the way. Where do we "update/post" this info?

Bob login to Cogmos (there is a handy link to it on this forum)
And select the My Info Link in the Member Menu.
Its at the end of your Profile. Good time to macke sure everything is up to date while your there.

thanks Colin, I updated my profile.
one other thing I might add is to carry a list of all meds. you are currently taking. As a cancer survivor my list is longer than average and something that the average person can take will cause me harm. My younger brother was an EMT and sometimes this info can make all the difference to the first responders in helping you get through your accident  C:)