• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Error when searching

R

Restless

I'm not new to the forum but don't really post either because I generally come for the plethora of excellent information here, get my questions answered and ride.  :)

That being said, here's the issue...recently, (and always now) whenever I try to click on a link in one of the threads that is supposed to bring me to that thread, it brings me back to the log-in page instead and gives me this message "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.  Please login below or register an account with Concours Owners Group (COG) Forum."  :mad:

I'm always logged in at this point and it's like a vicious circle and never lets me into the link.  This also happens when trying to access links I've saved on my computer for future reference, so what am I doing wrong or what can be done to fix this?  :41:

Thanks!!!

Mark, I would log out of the forum and delete your cookies in your browser then log back in and see if that helps.

norm-9688 said:
Mark, I would log out of the forum and delete your cookies in your browser then log back in and see if that helps.

Norm,

OK, I tried that (logged out, closed browser, deleted cookies, opened browser and logged back in) but ended up with the same result.  Just to reiterate, I can't click on any thread links within threads and have them bring me to the link and I can't use search to get into a topic.  Either situation results in the site bringing me back to the log-in page despite already being logged in (vicious circle).

I certainly don't know what I'm doing wrong on my end since I was able to use these functions just a month ago...seems like something changed recently.  Maybe my profile can be deleted and I can start over???  I'm willing to try that.

I hope this make sense cuz it's very frustrating on my end not being able to get into searched topics which is the bread and butter of the site.

I'd appreciate any and all help.

Thanks,

Mark

Restless/Mark;

I am very confused as to what is going on here.

Your login to the forum was not handled correctly as the posts above are not attributed correctly to your account, as I can't even click on you username, also when I go to your account it shows that you have now posts.

I made some changes to your cogmos account.
Please reboot your computer and try again.

Colin