• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

FIM Racing

alekkas

Street Cruiser
So I've been watching FIM racing all this season on the BEIN channel or something like that.  Where does this series rank in the pecking order?

FWIW, been a great season.  Sykes pretty much wrapped it up this week.  I stop to go.

It goes like this. From the top is moto gp, then world superbike, then ama superbike. I watch them all and sometimes world superbike has some great racing.

Thanks. 

Odd how the manufacturers towards the top in FIM are non players in GP.  And vice versa.

SO, generally speaking, on the same track, GP 1 liter bikes do better times than FIM?

Moto gp bikes have a lot more technology, and world superbike has more rules. Now how about the last two laps for second.

counours 14 said:
It goes like this. From the top is moto gp, then world superbike, then ama superbike. I watch them all and sometimes world superbike has some great racing.

Don't forget British Superbike, which has better racing and tighter fields than AMA.

Here's how someone once explained it to me:

MotoGP 1000cc Prototype Teams are the Major League All-Stars
MotoGP 1000cc Claiming Rules Teams (runs together with Prototypes) are Major League
World Superbike is split between Major League and AAA
Moto2 600cc is also a split between Major League and AAA
Moto3 are those 16 year olds playing in the Dominican Republic that are going to be all star shortstops someday
AMA Superbike is AA Minors
AMA Sportbike is A Minors
AMA Supersport is Short Season A Minors
AMA anything else (and WERA) is Independent League Baseball or Beer League Softball

bajakirch said:
Here's how someone once explained it to me:
World Superbike is split between Major League and AAA

Don't know 'bout the baseball rankings, butt... British Superbike is well above AMA and just a hair below WSBK.

Been watching them all for years, and gave up on AMA because it was just soooo boring.

I personally rank WSBK at the top.Way better racing!!!And when Bein started showing all the racing for the weekend I went goo goo for the superstock racing.Those guys are nuts!!!!
  When Lorenzo started whining about Marq Marquez getting too aggressive I lost respect for him.Finally seeing some real racing in Moto GP thanks to Marq.
I feel bad for not watching AMA but it has gone down hill the last few years and with Jordan pulling out it makes ya wonder how much longer it'll last. :beerchug: