• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Finally - No Heat Advisory

croach1776

Tonto
Havent been able to ride for almost two weeks due to work,family obligations etc, then it got just too hot. I really dont mind the heat but when Ms Gold Rush fan is cycling at ever stop and her temp gauge stays in the middle most of the time I figure I need to take it easy on her. But today finally cooled off to high 80's so I took a chance riding her to work today. It put me in such a good mood that I think I will ride tomorrow too. This weekend looks like a little rain so might take advantage of it for my weekly bath and wash her at the same time. Cant wait for a little cooler weather. C K Roach Jr COG#9094 CDA# 0319 you cant lose what you never had 2005 Concour "Gold Rush" 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Project 1983 Suzuki GL850 - Sold 1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold

Charles: Well, I've had the time to ride, but with 58+ days of temps over 90, most over 95, I've not been able to muster up much of a desire. I mean, when it it that hot you can't go fast enough to cool off. The heat and humidity make you feel like you are in a convection oven. So I've ridden only when totally necessary, and that was running errands and local shopping. Fortunately it has cooled (and dried) off a bit and for the last two evenings and I've put on a few miles in the local area. Now, how long will this last? For the record, it did hit 91 here today, but the humidity was under 70% which is a miracle. This area in GA is normally hot in the summer, but not humid. This summer has been both. Hopefully the lower humidity will prevail. tcars, John

I have a good mesh jacket and some of the stay dry t-shirts,shorts and helmet liner. A decent ventilated helmet and gloves, so as long as it stays below 90/90 its rideable. But I agree that this year its been more like 98/98 and while I have made some long rides its to hard for the daily commute to work, its the waiting at lights that gets to me and the Connie and thier arent enough long stretchs that allow us to cool off enough. I think this winter I am going to move the coolant bottle so that I can get more air flow to the engine and an cooling/evaporative vest for those days from hell. C K Roach Jr COG#9094 CDA# 0319 you cant lose what you never had 2005 Concour "Gold Rush" 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Project 1983 Suzuki GL850 - Sold 1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold

Last summer I rode in some 100+ degree days and ATGATT was just plain hot. I order a evaporative cooling vest. This summer I got to try it a few times. Works quite nice. Coming across eastern WA and OR at 100 and 105 back in July I stopped every other rest area and recharged it. I put it into a zip lock bag and add water. Wait a few minutes and put back on. 2003 Concours, 65K COG #6953 IBA 28004 http://home.comcast.net/~slybones/Concours/connieMain.htm
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
VisitedProvincesMap.jpg

Hey, two days in a row riding to work. Humidity is down and that keeps it cooler in the morning. Riding home last night after work - believe it or not it got a little chilly - boy did it feel good. Hopefully will be able to put in a few hundred miles this weekend. Maybe make a day of it - ride in morning - rest during afternoon then back home in early evening. C K Roach Jr COG#9094 CDA# 0319 you cant lose what you never had 2005 Concour "Gold Rush" 1983 Suzuki GS750ES - Project 1983 Suzuki GL850 - Sold 1982 Suzuki GS650G - Sold