• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Finally this bike feels right

hornet7

Training Wheels
Okay.... After a whole day of trial and error I finally got my suspension right..for me ;)  My final settings were 6.5mm preload on the front with 3 clicks out for damping.  8 clicks in on the back (yes you read that correctly 8 with 1.25 turns out damping.  The strange thing is Im 220lbs and 6'5".  8 just doesnt seem enough on the back but it was the only way I could get the sag of the 36mm the same in front and back.  I just got back from a very twistie test ride  :motonoises: and voila!!! its perfect.  The best compromise between comfort and handling all day.  The only thing I can figure is I must really ride weight forward in the turns because now the bike feels 200lbs lighter  :great:  Is anybody elses setup similar to this or am I just nuts.  BTW I ride 100% solo so no worries about 2 up.  2010 Non-ABS with still the stock Brickstones....trying to wear them out so I can convince the wife its unsafe and spring for PR3's ::)

Its Miller time!!!!  :beerchug:

So the 8 clicks in was really bugging me.  The knob was real hard to turn so I lubed with some silicone spray.  After doing that it turned very free and it turns out I was actually 12 clicks in.  Time to check the rear sag again just to make sure but in the end suspension is such a subjective topic that it comes down to what feels right.