• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

finally

jasonc32amg

Bicycle
Nom nom nom...a perfect blend. Picked her up this afternoon :)

Attachments

• AfterRideHomeFromDlr5-25-11sm.jpg
    AfterRideHomeFromDlr5-25-11sm.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 104
WOW! That's a beauty!  :72:

Congrats and Enjoy... and welcome aboard. Quite a bit of knowwledge and help available here in COGdom! I'm sure others will be right along!

Take your time with her and enjoy.

Thanks, 300 miles in so far. The heat isn't much of an issue although staying out of the throttle is...This bike is like a perfect combination of all my previous Kawasaki's.

Indeed she's a beautiful bike Jason.  I know you'll enjoy her for a long time.  Just be prudent as you can with that throttle hand and you'll be OK. LOL  Again, "Welcome!" to the forum of our club and welcome to Concours ownership.

Walker18 said:
Congratulations, Jason! She sure is purdy!! Let the Farkling begin!  :welcome:

I'm going to keep it simple for now. I'm thinking a slip-on, PCV, and extended windscreen will do.

Rev Ryder said:
Indeed she's a beautiful bike Jason.  I know you'll enjoy her for a long time.  Just be prudent as you can with that throttle hand and you'll be OK. LOL  Again, "Welcome!" to the forum of our club and welcome to Concours ownership.

A turbo connie; that has to be a trip 8)

jasonc32amg said:
Rev Ryder said:

A turbo connie; that has to be a trip 8)

Yes, she's just a C-10, but she flies fast... really fast for a fat chick.
1986 COncours, compression lowered by running ZX10B pistons of stock COnnie rods, internally wastegated T25 Garrett turbo from a 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse hanging on a homemade header and feeding all homemade plenum and charge tubing, BOV, ZX14 Forks and calipers with ZZR1200 front rim and rotors, 17" MeanStreak rear wheel.  Microsquirt EFI controller, modified ZX636 Throttle bodies, ZX10R injectors and fuel pump, LC-1 WBO2 controller and Bosch sensor, ECU triggered water/methanol injection unit, ECU controlled ignition retarding 4* when over 6psi boost. Boost currently limited to 11 psi.  SHe's only been injected for a year and a half now, but she's been turbo for almost four years, previously was blowing-through slightly modified Connie CV carbs.  11 psi is about her safe limit for the top end on pump gas.  WIth better fuel she can go somewhat higher, but I don't know what the stock bottom end can take.  I've run 14-15 psi a few times and other than breaking ring lands out of pistons (which has not been an issue since going EFI) she runs like a cat on fire.

Yes, she's just a C-10, but she flies fast... really fast for a fat chick.
1986 COncours, compression lowered by running ZX10B pistons of stock COnnie rods, internally wastegated T25 Garrett turbo from a 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse hanging on a homemade header and feeding all homemade plenum and charge tubing, BOV, ZX14 Forks and calipers with ZZR1200 front rim and rotors, 17" MeanStreak rear wheel.  Microsquirt EFI controller, modified ZX636 Throttle bodies, ZX10R injectors and fuel pump, LC-1 WBO2 controller and Bosch sensor, ECU triggered water/methanol injection unit, ECU controlled ignition retarding 4* when over 6psi boost. Boost currently limited to 11 psi.  SHe's only been injected for a year and a half now, but she's been turbo for almost four years, previously was blowing-through slightly modified Connie CV carbs.  11 psi is about her safe limit for the top end on pump gas.  WIth better fuel she can go somewhat higher, but I don't know what the stock bottom end can take.  I've run 14-15 psi a few times and other than breaking ring lands out of pistons (which has not been an issue since going EFI) she runs like a cat on fire.

Nice. No plans to get that complicated with this one. I consolidated from an 08 zx10, and 05 Nomad 1600, and a KLR 650. The KLR was just too compromised to enjoy anywhere while the ZX10 was too focused at being good  going fast. I enjoyed the Nomad but it actually was the only bike I've ever had that gave me back issues; even after risers. I feel like the C14 gives me a sweet merger of the best sporting and touring elements. I may pick up an XL650 down the ride to play in the dirt.

I just don't have the good sense to go simpler.  ::)

My motto is, If it ain't broke... it ain't mine.  :rotflmao:  I can't leave nuttin' alone.