• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

First Meet and Greet for Central NY - UPDATE

ensoniqdude

Scooter
Calling on Central NY Members (and of course, anyone willing to make the trip),

As just announced a few days ago, I'm the new North East Assistant Director for Central NY.  I'm in the process of making contact with Central NY Members and setting up our first meet and greet.

It's my intention to have Cortland as the "home base" for the area and then establish meet and greet locations in the surrounding cities to make it easier to attend.  (Cortland is mid-way between Syracuse and Binghmaton, right off of Rt 81, has several motorcycle dealerships available to include the outstanding, "K&H Kawasaki", just a few miles north of the city.)

Once the weather is better, I'd like to combine visits to local Kawasaki dealers as part of "meet and greets" to help build relationships between COG and the dealers.  For example, K&H already gives a discount on services to card carrying COG members and have mentioned sponsoring a "service weekend" for inspections or other services.

Of course, there is a great number of riding opportunities in our area - more than most people might imagine.  With that said, when we do have meet and greets, if you have a ride in mind, please bring a map with the route to include estimated ride time and any Kawasaki dealers along the way.  Just like the meet and greets, rides will vary across our area to allow greater participation.

Lastly, a minor bit of patience is requested if I set up an event but can't attend.  I'm in the US Army and quite often will be on call for one reason or another and will have to work regardless of any personal things I may have planned.

So...without further pontification on my part:

The first "Meet and Greet" for Central NY

Road: Route 281 & RT 13. (Next to McDonalds, across from Lowe's)
Time: 11:30am
Date: 05 JAN 2013

I will update with specific driving instructions but its fairly simple.

For those who weren't able to see the directions on the Events Calendar:

GARCIA'S RESTAURANT / 11:30AM TO 1:00PM

RT 81 North or South to Cortland.

From South: Exit 11. Follow the signs for "Rt 13 South to Ithaca". After approx three miles you'll come to a four way light. On the far side of the road you'll see an A&W and a McDonalds. Garcia's is in-between.

From the North: Exit 12. Stay straight until the "T" intersection. Turn left on Rt 281. Follow this road for a few miles until you see an A&W on the right. Garcia's is right next door.

From the West: You'll be on Rt13 from Ithaca. Once you get into Cortland, look for the Lowe's, Ponderosa, McDonalds - Garcia's is right next door.

So, the first event occured today with a small but enthusiastic turnout.  Thanks to everyone who showed! 

We'll be planning the second meeting for February shortly and will be putting out the location and general agenda.

Opening discussions covered farkles, rides and future events.

Again, thanks to everyone who showed and to everyone who was interested but couldn't make it - come on down next time. 

I didn't to say anything ahead of time. But I was going to drive up yesterday morning for your first M&G. I'm glad it went over well and folks showed up. Hopefully folks had a good time and even more will participate in the next event. Sorry I missed it. But congrats on a successful first event.    :great:

Unfortunately, (here's where I get to whine) my hot water heater decided to die Friday night/Saturday morning. Putting a new one in has hit snag after snag. Needless to say, I'm still installing a new one today after yesterdays unit leaks at the top near the cold water inlet. The last one over 10 years ago went in in short order. This was has fought me at every turn. Not happy, but never the less, it did prevent me from attending yesterday. Sorry I couldn't be there.

No pics for the first time. Didn't want to scare anyone away.

Thumbs up to Garcia's restaurant.  They recently changed their Saturday opening time to noon.  The group had just formed outside in the cold when the lead waiter showed up.  He opened the doors early to get everyone out of the weather and served drinks while still doing his lunch prep.  :great: