• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

First real ride in wet on Michelin Road 5

ZXtasy

This may not be uber pertinent to us C14 riders until they come out with the GT or higher load rated version, but the Bandit 1255 is no light weight coming it at likely 525 lbs as I have it sorted.

It was 39 degrees and still lightly spitting mist after a good soaking rain overnight. I needed to get blood-work done and order some parts from the local dealer, so decided to slip out as the sky was lifting around 8AM. Rolling cautiously on cold and wet buns amidst ample standing water pools, i took the circuitous route to help put warmth in the carcasses.

My first hamfisted roll-ons were administered with direct tie-in from brain to sphincter trying to detect any squirm or break in traction. None encountered. Tried a few more straight light romps and even dared the front end to come up, but the tires continued to feel planted. Took a few bends at near dry town speeds, still paying extra attention to painted surface avoidance, and the Road 5's never flinched. They felt better than the stock Bridgestones felt in the dry!

SO now my customers bike is rain soiled and a dirty girl, but it was so worth it and just an inkling of the fun I hope to have on these. To the track in May!

Attachments

• wetsmall.jpg
    wetsmall.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 131
Nice! I took my first ride in the wet with the C14 on its stock Bridgestone's and found it kinda scary. There were no close calls or anything as I was  very cautious as the Bridgestone's left me with a very uncomfortable feeling.

ZXtasy said:
This may not be uber pertinent to us C14 riders until they come out with the GT or higher load rated version, but the Bandit 1255 is no light weight coming it at likely 525 lbs as I have it sorted.

It was 39 degrees and still lightly spitting mist after a good soaking rain overnight. I needed to get blood-work done and order some parts from the local dealer, so decided to slip out as the sky was lifting around 8AM. Rolling cautiously on cold and wet buns amidst ample standing water pools, i took the circuitous route to help put warmth in the carcasses.

My first hamfisted roll-ons were administered with direct tie-in from brain to sphincter trying to detect any squirm or break in traction. None encountered. Tried a few more straight light romps and even dared the front end to come up, but the tires continued to feel planted. Took a few bends at near dry town speeds, still paying extra attention to painted surface avoidance, and the Road 5's never flinched. They felt better than the stock Bridgestones felt in the dry!

SO now my customers bike is rain soiled and a dirty girl, but it was so worth it and just an inkling of the fun I hope to have on these. To the track in May!
i have a new set of road 5's in my garage 120/70r front 190/50r rear.. the load rating  on the sidewall is  805 ,lbs rear, and 520lbs front.. the exact rating as the pr4's on my bike now and the same as the rating on the pr4 gt.  what load rating are the supposed road 5's going to have.. i have over 60k on c14 . bmw 1300 gt and bmw r12rt( which came originally with the gt;s  i didn't care for the ride on the gt's) on the pr4's.. none of which were the gt with no issues and very good mileage..the road 5's are going on my c14 as soon as the pr4's wear out...just my 2 cents... :)..

I concur Oldn...Not sure what the GT spec will offer, likely a stiffer sidewall and less complaint ride. I am running a half worn Dunlop Q3 on the front of my C14 and it feels great. I do all my own tires so am not worried about running tires that wear a bit faster if they respond with grip and good wet handling. I would have mounted these on the C-14 if they would have provided them in that rear size, but free tires is free tires!

I don't run 2 up or heavily laden. either...

I'm a Michelin fan

My 2008 C14 had 2 sets each of 3 and 4 PR's and my 2016 has the 4's and eventually the 5's.

I like Michelin!

Hi,
      Thanks for the info! :great:

Enjoying my Angel A Spec's now! :motonoises:

Nice bike that Suzuki engine is "bullet proof"!!! ;D >:D >:D >:D

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 126