• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

First ride of the year - 1-1-2014

COGnosticator

I have been going to this restaurant for the past 10 years on New Years day and decided to make it into a COG RTE. 

Here are the details:

Jan 1, 2014
Time 11:00 meet and greet, 11:30 sit down for lunch.  This place draws over 300 bikes so come early to avoid long wait times.
Place: Benton Lee's Steak House, Uvalda, GA
http://www.bentonleessteakhouse.com/
Check out the map location on their website as the restaurant isn't in Uvalda but out in the sticks on the river.

https://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=138+Benton+Powell+Rd+Uvalda,+GA+30473&fb=1&geocode=3453850168161429906,31.964348,-82.421603&cd=1&ie=UTF8&om=1&hq=&hnear=138+Benton+Powell+Rd,+Uvalda,+Toombs,+Georgia+30473&ll=31.97044,-82.422438&spn=0.098442,0.153637&z=13&source=embed

This place serves great, BIG steaks, usually the small is large enough.  :great:  They also have a lot of different fare if you aren't into steaks. Check out their menu.

I hope to see you there, hangover and all  ;D

It is on the COG SE calendar now:

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=196799&mo=1&tDate={d%20%272014-01-17%27}

Thinking....... :-[

Three long rides in five days sure would be a good way to end 2013 and start 2014 off right. Oh, and steak sounds like a winner.  Maybe/probable/hopeful

Jan1 2012 at Benton Lee's I got the pork chop plate, here is a picture of it.  4 Chops and Fries with a salad  :truce:  Man what a plate full.

You don't want to miss this ride  :nananana:

Attachments

• Pork Chop.jpg
    Pork Chop.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 100
There will be 3 of us from Savannah coming in.  Jean will be on call for work so she will not be able to make it.

Reid, see you and Thomas Mann there.

Gee, y'all have fun! My first ride of the year will be to St. Pete on January 1 for work on the 2nd and 3rd... :'(

Eddie-FL said:
Gee, y'all have fun! My first ride of the year will be to St. Pete on January 1 for work on the 2nd and 3rd... :'(

Come on and join us for lunch, St Pete is only 355 miles from Uvalda  :D  Ride safe and see you in 2014  :great:

reid53 said:
Yep, does Thomas know he is buying lunch for all of us? :-\

I know nothink, nothink!!!

sgt_20schultz_small.jpg

Dona and I are on HHI stayin in the Shipyards... right now..... but no bike.... and have to be at grandsons birthday party tomorrow...
Unless I can ride Jeans bike, and you have an extra helmet for me.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :motonoises: :great:
Ride safe, and have a great new year ride y'all :beerchug:

MAN OF BLUES said:
Dona and I are on HHI stayin in the Shipyards... right now..... but no bike.... and have to be at grandsons birthday party tomorrow...
Unless I can ride Jeans bike, and you have an extra helmet for me.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :motonoises: :great:

I wear a medium helmet, you got a melon head  :D  I haven't started Jeans bike in 4 months, I would be afraid to take it out without a good shake down run, but then, 180 miles IS a good shake down run.  :great:  Happy New year to y'all

COGnosticat0r said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

I wear a medium helmet, you got a melon head  :D  I haven't started Jeans bike in 4 months, I would be afraid to take it out without a good shake down run, but then, 180 miles IS a good shake down run.  :great:  Happy New year to y'all
Hey... I resemble that comment... I ain't got no melon haid, it may be full o stuufff but it ain't big....you're just askered id use up all jeans fuel allotment for the year.. :))

Its snowinlikeabiotch up home right now, and I'm sitting on the deck at the condo, barefoot and sippin a bloodymary.....
F'n hilton head rocks.
Ride safe.

COGnosticat0r said:
Egodriver71 said:
Sorry,  I'm out too.

Have to fix a fuel leak in my daughter's car :mad:

Sorry you can't make it, daughter comes first  :great:

And it rained all day here, so no fixy the car.

It'll get worked on on Saturday.

But I could have ridden up considering... :'(

Good thing you stayed at home.  It was 46 and raining at my house and I decided to stay home after talking with Reid. Since we were the only two going we cancelled it

COGnosticat0r said:
Good thing you stayed at home.  It was 46 and raining at my house and I decided to stay home after talking with Reid. Since we were the only two going we cancelled it

Doesn't surprise me.

I was really hoping to get something done, but I woke up at 600a and it was already raining.

So, I knew the car repair wouldn't happen as I don't have the garage space to get it in out of the rain.

I don't mind riding in the rain, but lying on my back in a wet driveway getting rained on is not my cup of tea.

She doesn't need to drive it until Saturday, so we'll just do it then.