• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

First ride this year

Scary Harry

Fear is not boring. COG# 4090
Finally got the gurl out for a quick spin down the slab. Been so busy all summer I forgot I had the bike. Two summers ago, a wind storm ripped most of the siding off my house and this summer, I finally got the house repaired enough to relax enough to do something different. Putting up steel siding by myself took some doing since no contractors wanted to work on my house. I had to rent a boom lift to put the panels in place.

First I went hang gliding in Colorado for some 14,000 feet ASL glass-off flying with my hang gliding bum friends, and now I'm back on two wheels before it gets too cold. I snapped this photo after getting back home. Moon in background. It felt great to do some riding.

My next project is a new and improved biker mice barricade to stop the vermin before winter hits.

IMG_20230924_185509148.jpg

SH,
when does your riding season there in WY come to a halt? I think our season just came to a halt here on the wet side of Oregon this weekend. Supposed to rain most of the coming week.....
do the roads stay dry and non icy well into the winter or is it wise there in WY to park the bikes when the weather dips below freezing even if the roads appear dry??

enjoy getting out and putting miles on the C before riding season is done.
-tdbru

SH,
when does your riding season there in WY come to a halt? I think our season just came to a halt here on the wet side of Oregon this weekend. Supposed to rain most of the coming week.....
do the roads stay dry and non icy well into the winter or is it wise there in WY to park the bikes when the weather dips below freezing even if the roads appear dry??

enjoy getting out and putting miles on the C before riding season is done.
-tdbru
You can ride year round here as long as you avoid the ice. Most riders leave their bikes on the sidewalks in case it looks good enough to ride. Rain or snow is not a problem, but it's best to avoid the ice.

Shhhh. Don't tell Harry that.
It will make his "hed" swell up. (again)

Where ya been Harry?
We haven't heard from you in-a spell.
(It's been really nice) šŸ˜‡

Ride safe, Ted

My next project is a new and improved biker mice barricade to stop the vermin before winter hits.
Nice photo. My approach for bikes is/was: a) 4 mouse traps (two per tire) checked weekly, and b) mouse poison bait sets bit further away, and c) AL foil covering over exhaust opening. Worked so far. (This year also have a hunting cat around and mouse evidence has vanished (y)).

Nice photo. My approach for bikes is/was: a) 4 mouse traps (two per tire) checked weekly, and b) mouse poison bait sets bit further away, and c) AL foil covering over exhaust opening. Worked so far. (This year also have a hunting cat around and mouse evidence has vanished (y)).
Testing new barriers. I have video of it in action. So far it's working great. It will also keep Ted away from my bike.